Houzz Logo Print
lisagiacomi

Want to bring color into my bathroom

lisa gee
hace 5 años

Looking to bring color in with a shower curtain and accessories. Been looking but can’t seem to find the right color. Would love your help. I also don’t like the mirror and would love suggestions for a replacement. But maybe I should just live with it... it’s not terrible but it just says dance studio or something like that

to me...

Comentarios (18)

• della70
    hace 5 años

Where is your towel bar? Good start and then go to the store and pick out colors of towels that you like. You can go with any color, or how about something in the color range of your toothbrushes. I see a start there. Put up a shelf above the toilet thank and fill it with lotions and cremes that are in the same color range of your towels. Remove everything from the vanity top except for your new soap dispenser. Hope this gives you some ideas! You should have another color in the bathroom.

lisa gee agradeció a della70
  • PRO
    Beth H. :
    hace 5 años

maybe some artwork over the toilet? good way to bring in some colors. Shelving or a medicine cab to clear off the countertop? creamy towels or bath mat?

do you really want a shower curtain? you could do some glass doors. If you do a print or colored curtain, it will really compete w/the tile on the wall (unless you pull the curtain and leave it like that). something in a black and cream print might work. some teak wood shelving would lend some warmth. (or a wood framed mirror)

lisa gee agradeció a Beth H. :
  • lisa gee
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

I was lpoking for specific color recommendations. Towel bar is on the back of the door since the kids would never hamg them neatly and I don’t want messy towels where people can see them. kids Prefer a curtain. I thought a solid color because of all the movement in the Tile. need help choosing the color.

• artemis_ma
    hace 5 años

Teal?

lisa gee agradeció a artemis_ma
  • redsilver
    hace 5 años

Aqua is going to be perfect, a soft mint(not neon)green will also be very pretty, and if you go with anything that is not a solid, a seaglass color and items in that theme would be beautiful. This is a peaceful spa theme too, and does not have to be a busy pattern..I just found this to start with in a color.... https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/1/1/984268-carlyle-fabric-72-inch-x-72-inch-shower-curtain-aqua.html There will likely be more items forthcoming. Such a nice room you have to bring some color in..

lisa gee agradeció a redsilver
  • jlj48
    hace 5 años

I would do art above toilet, white chenille rug, white sophisticated curtain and let your color come from your art and something pretty on your vanity. Love the wooden vanity cabinet and beautiful tile work

lisa gee agradeció a jlj48
  • PRO
    Beth H. :
    hace 5 años
    Última modificación: hace 5 años

cream and brown tones, w/matching bath mats would look like this:

compare that to a black, cream, and the aforementioned teal

back to some other neutrals.

some other solids. in a dark brownish/gray, a pale aqua, a blush/mocha color, and a silver

I actually like the blush/mocha w/the see through white at the top. all depends on the tone and if it works with your stone.

All of these are from BedBathand Beyond.

for other color, try artwork over the toilet or on the wall.

lisa gee agradeció a Beth H. :
  • PRO
    Chris Zec Photography
    hace 5 años

I like the aqua or green suggestions; blue is always a nice complement to tans and brown as well.

lisa gee agradeció a Chris Zec Photography
  • lisa gee
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

not sure if the tile came across the computer well as people are talking about the color going with tans and browns.... my vanity is brown but the tile is mainly gray. here is a close up pick of it on the floor. maybe this represents it better?

• PRO
    Designer Drains
    hace 5 años

Brass will be your friend with these colors.

• PRO
    Century Hardware
    hace 5 años

Hey Lisa,

over all i think you have a very nice space! Along with adding some sort of colored shower curtain i would consider changing the hardware on the vanity. That spot in the room just seems very dark, adding new hardware would lend a little bit of color and shine to that spot. I would check out Century Hardware they have a wide range for styles and finishes i think would look great in your bath room!

Metro 70mm c.c. Pull - Satin Nickel · Más información

Hamilton Collection · Más información

• artemis_ma
    hace 5 años
    Última modificación: hace 5 años

I like brass with this, and I like the pale bluish aqua in Beth's 4th photo. And with kids, don't even think that the vanity top will ever be cleared off of "products" and what-not.

A solid color is nice, but even solids can have textures in them.

Do you have nooks or spaces in the tub/shower for the kids to have their shampoos?

lisa gee agradeció a artemis_ma
  • PRO
    Lion Windows and Doors
    hace 5 años

Art, linens, and maybe light fixtures. I would go with blues? Maybe an indigo and a slate.

lisa gee agradeció a Lion Windows and Doors
  • Kay Addis
    hace 5 años

I moved into a house with a “boys’” bathroom with similar dark colors, even though it also serves as the main guest bath. With glass tub/shower doors, I didn’t even have the option of adding color there. Instead I went with light teal/turquoise vanity accessories, towels, small rugs and several pieces of art on the walls. (For plenty of teal options, check out ‘beach’ themes at stores and in catalogs.) Until I can update the bath, these inexpensive additions helped a lot.

lisa gee agradeció a Kay Addis
  • lisa gee
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

Artemis - we do have a niche in the shower and a medicine cabinet too. Only the toothbrushes and electric razor are on the vanity normally.

• Angela T
    hace 5 años
    I think maroon would be a nice pop of color but still go well. I think the mirror looks fine, but could be better
  • Danielle Black
    hace 5 años
    I think I’d just do crisp whites but maybe you could try adding a mirror and towels
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.