Houzz Logo Print
teamblumer

Kitchen remodel - colour help needed.

teamblumer
hace 5 años

Ok so I have 0 design and style and needing some opinions.

We have a high high back bench at the moment which we are getting quoted to cut it down to extend and make into more of a breakfast bar.

My my dilemma is, we have polished white floor tiles, white cupboards and a white tiled splashback with 1 row of small, probably inch by inch, black feature tile.

We can only afford laminate type benchtops. And my thought was a marble type look with the main colour being white and a black fleck/vein. Or is that too clinical white???? Should I go with a black top and a white vein???

It is currently black and I don’t love it but that might be more to do with the junk collecting high back top!!!

Comentarios (10)

• siriuskey
    hace 5 años

I agree with Retro that a plain colour would be a better choice although I would be careful with choice of edge, I love square but you have a better chance of chipping the edge. Have you considered natural laminated timber, these are very affordable from Bunnings starting from $90. Your new Island would need a wider top so you would most likely need to get a carpenter to join two pieces with "Cookies" cheers

teamblumer agradeció a siriuskey
  • oklouise
    hace 5 años

i too have no style and love the look of the old fashioned "marble look" laminex and prefer any counter with a pattern or texture, including timber, that doesn't look dirty with a few toast crumbs

teamblumer agradeció a oklouise
  • bigreader
    hace 5 años
    A house I renovated more than ten years ago sold recently. The kitchen still looked good - white cupboards with plain laminex black bench. The bench edge was bullnose instead of square which was the thing that gave away its age. I’m really surprised how well the laminex had worn through tenants and two lots of owners.
    teamblumer agradeció a bigreader
  • dreamer
    hace 5 años
    There are soooo many colours available in laminex or polytec laminate. In my opinion laminate is an excellent product. Go to a tile display shop, they have small samples of laminate for customers. Grab some samples of the colours you like. Take them home, and see what looks best, for you, in your kitchen.
    teamblumer agradeció a dreamer
  • Neil Burns
    hace 5 años
    Go gray bench tops.... Black YU will see scratches white to bright. Gray blends in with any colours expecially if YU have white anywhere
    teamblumer agradeció a Neil Burns
  • teamblumer
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

Thanks everyone who responded. I really appreciate your advice and experience.

It has certainly given me some other ideas!!!

• Kms91
    hace 5 años
    I have a few friends that have the white marbe look laminate, with grey/back veins and it looks awesome.
    I would definitely get this, I wanted it in my laundry 5 yrs ago when we built but it was out of stock.
    maybe get samples of it to see how it looks with your white cupboards and flooring.
    teamblumer agradeció a Kms91
  • PRO
    Ryanlux
    hace 5 años

Another option may be to look at a resin/epoxy bench top such as shown in the link below, which could be poured adding any flecks of coloured wanted, eg: black and grey with gold flecks. These bench top look expensive and have more appeal than laminate bench tops.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxPaUJ6wh_o

Best of Luck,

PARS Building Construction

teamblumer agradeció a Ryanlux
  • PRO
    Aus Joinery Kitchens Pty Ltd
    hace 5 años

@ Pars Building Construction

How expensive are those bench tops? Just curious of pricing

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.