Houzz Logo Print
dani9911

Does my 25 ft x 13.3 ft kitchen have room for an island?

dani9911
hace 5 años
I just don’t think I have the best design for the space, please comment away!

Comentarios (11)

• dani9911
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    The design seems cramped. Help me create this space!
  • sheloveslayouts
    hace 5 años

You've got plenty of room. Are you eliminating a breakfast nook?

The biggest limitation is the slider... are you interested in changing the back door if it gives you a better layout?

Where do the openings at the bottom of your drawing lead to?

• alex9179
    hace 5 años

Between the short wall not having any doors and not having a wall on the bottom 23' length, looks like you can.

If you post a measured floorpan of the existing kitchen, and a drawing for the rooms around it, the talented folk can help you find the most functional layout.

For what it's worth, my kitchen is similar sized. I do have entries on both 13 ft walls and decided to go with a wide galley, no island. I made my countertop depth ~30 inches instead of spending $$$ on a beam to open the kitchen to the living area.

• dani9911
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    Yes, I can change the backdoor. Currently, there is only a standard door to the right of the refrigerator in the design. I marked up the design in green to give you guys a better idea.
  • sheloveslayouts
    hace 5 años

Do you have a separate dining room or is this it?

• dani9911
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    The house is a split level rancher, the existing space is a living room, dining room and kitchen that make an L. Right now the existing kitchen is on the side where there is a door to the outside, and there’s a wall between the kitchen and dining room, and the dining room opens to the living room. The new design takes out the wall in between kitchen and dining and it flips the two areas. Meaning, in our new design the cabinets are where our dining room is now.
  • Kristin S
    hace 5 años

Are you planning on this space being both the dining room and kitchen, or just a kitchen?

• sheloveslayouts
    hace 5 años

Split levels are tricky. If you can print off some graph paper and sketch out the stair/living/dining/kitchen it'll be easier to help you.

• PRO
    Colorado Kitchen Designs
    hace 5 años
    I would turn the island the other direction and have seating on the back side. If you are planning on putting a table in the new dining area, I would not do the coffee bar. I actually did something a bit similar. They had more width though. You might be able to make something like this work.
  • dani9911
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    @Colorado, I love that extra bump out next to the fridge. So are you recommending to turn the island the opposite way of the island in your kitchen’s photo?
  • PRO
    Colorado Kitchen Designs
    hace 5 años
    yes. I think your space is not as deep as theirs was. Its looks on paper like it would work the opposite direction.
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.