Houzz Logo Print
krystle920

How can we put a 36” stove plus hood?

Krystle Ang
hace 5 años
We currently have a standard 30” stove and over the range microwave. We want to replace the set up with a nice 36” stove and range hood. How can we do that given where the cabinets are to minimize costs? Also where can we put the microwave? We don’t have room in our island and we don’t want to put it on the counters.

Comentarios (4)

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    hace 5 años
    Última modificación: hace 5 años

I just pulled my OTR microwave, installed a $200.00 range hood that works (and lights) like a champ, and am staring at that monster on my countertop. We've just got to get more sick of it being there I guess. I'll let you know.

We didn't have enough backsplash tile to go all the way up, but I faked the rest with a nice piece of solid black Corian Nocturne.

• PRO
    Overland Remodeling & Builders
    hace 5 años

You’ll have to find a local Finish Carpenter to modify/build new base cabinets and top cabinets for you in order to make a 36” opening. Also you’ll need a stone fabricator that will be able to pull out (hopefully in one piece if you’re lucky) and cut the countertop. You may have some damage happening to the backsplash so hopefully you have some of those tiles left, if not it should be fairly easy to find white subway tile.

Did you make sure the Microwave is connected to a duct/vent? Some of these microwaves only circle back the steam into the room and you if don’t have any ducting in the cabinet above the micro you’ll have to figure that into the cost otherwise your Hood will be worthless.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    hace 5 años

Replace the 30" upper with a 36". Pull the lower cabinet down the wall 6" and you're done.

• User
    hace 5 años

Have you priced a 36” range worth owning? It would need a 42” hood. And a Make Up Air System. That means removing the cabinets, counters, backsplash, and buying new.

In other words, do 90% of a kitchen remodel. In for a penny, in for a pound. Do the rest of the 10%.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.