Houzz Logo Print
elise_brittain

Curtain Dilemma!

ELISE BRITTAIN
hace 5 años

Hi there!

We are currently trying to purchase the home we are renting right now and I would like some ideas as to what to do with the sliding glass door. I currently have curtains over the window and would love to see the blinds over the door come down. Any ideas on how to make the space "flow"? (Pictures show current decoration and empty layout.

Comentarios (8)

• PRO
    Alpha Aero Draperies
    hace 5 años
    Última modificación: hace 5 años

I would personally do a sheer vertical on the slider and a sheer shade on the other window. You can close the vanes on both products when you want more privacy.

• PRO
    Schoeman Construction
    hace 5 años

Definitely get rid of the blinds. I would frame that slider with curtains that are hung closer to the ceiling to give the added effect of height. I think it's hard for windows or doors, to "pop", they are not usually the focal point pf the room.

• jck910
    hace 5 años

There really isn't much space for curtains on the slider. Solar roller shades with a wood valance may work

• mercurygirl
    hace 5 años

Interesting question, I have a similar problem in a room with a sliding door and a large window. The verb she used was "flow", as in not a focal point, which is an important distinction, I think.

The poster above is probably right, think roller shades and natural materials in neutrals, along with a colorful rug to bring attention to your pretty wood floor.

• ELISE BRITTAIN
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

Thank you for all of the feedback! I will definitely take all of these ideas into consideration! The only problem I see with framing the slider with curtains is how close the door is to my bedroom door, but yes, raising the curtains is definitely on my "to do" list! Our offer was accepted, so hopefully, if all goes well, it will be ours in a few weeks!

• mercurygirl
    hace 5 años

I found a similar discussion I'd saved, great ideas for sliding doors.

https://www.houzz.com/discussions/curtains-over-sliding-doors-dsvw-vd~5362844

• PRO
    Alpha Aero Draperies
    hace 5 años
    Última modificación: hace 5 años

You can also do rollers shades that can match sliding panels on the slider. They have many textures and colors to choose from. You can always add a top treatment to add some color.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.