Houzz Logo Print
kimbreitzke

dark or light floors!!!! help!!!

Kim Cardilli
hace 5 años
Hi! We are adding wood floors to our open concept family room (we are getting new couches too haha don’t mind the ones in pic) and thinking of refinishing our red oak floors!!! Deciding if we match color- make more “brown” - (these are jacobian but more yellow as mixed with polyurethane against our original wishes) - go a shade darker- or go lighter!! But how light?!?!? Or how dark??? Or keep same???? We have 6 boys (ages 7-15) and 2 English mastiffs - we are changing the kitchen cabinets to white next! Want to lighten the whole flow up- so doing white cabinets and counters- and the walls are a light grey color.....The main floor is all open concept and around 2,100 square feet.....what do you think!!!

ALL 3 pics are the exact same floor just turned around to take them.....

Comentarios (6)

• Kathi Steele
    hace 5 años

I love the color of your floors now. Not too dark, not too light. Just right!!

• PRO
    Oak & Broad
    hace 5 años

kimbreitzke I agree with previous posters. Keep the same color. BUT here is an important pieces to that. You need to make sure the additional wood flooring matches the species (Red Oak) and also the plank lengths and grade. Sometimes a contractor will use shorter planks for the new section and it wont look right. Be picky about this part.

• PRO
    Sina Sadeddin Architectural Design
    hace 5 años

The color you have now is perfect. A medium stain is timeless. With red oak, when you go lighter they tend to read pink, which isn't very flattering. Dark floors are beautiful but they show EVERYTHING, so with small kids and dogs medium is best.

As others have said, make sure they match the species when putting in the new flooring!

• PRO
    KRE Group LLC
    hace 5 años

I agree , the color of your current floors are beautiful!

• grapefruit1_ar
    hace 5 años

I agree with everyone else, keep the floors! You mention that you want to lighten up, yet you have gray walls. I would definitely paint the walls a much lighter color, and nothing gray. You have a gorgeous home!

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.