Can u put sconces above a toilet

vanni12
hace 5 años

Can u put sconces above toilet?

Comentarios (10)

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    hace 5 años

Better to have a ceiling light and fan in the ceiling above the toilet.

• Emilie W
    hace 5 años
    You can. But it’s not clear why you would want to. Is there some design or functional reason why you want to do it? Posting a couple pictures would help.
  • functionthenlook
    hace 5 años

Just make sure they are on a GFI.

• daneejela
    hace 5 años

Sconces are usually installed on both sides of a mirror in order to provide the best (flattering) light to see yourself in the mirror...if you would have only a top light it would throw shadows over your face.

So, if you have a very small bathroom with a mirror above toilet then it makes sense...otherwise probably not.

• cpaul1
    hace 5 años

No, do not put sconces above a toilet. Scones are for the sides of vanity mirrors in a bathroom.

• vanni12
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

Thank you, I am searching for ideas as to what to put above the toilet. I have carved wood plaques on one wall and needed some ideas as to what to put there. It is a small narrow bathroom.

• daneejela
    hace 5 años

You can put:

1.) Art

2.) Shelves

3.) Nitche

4.) Accent wall

• PRO
    KRE Group LLC
    hace 5 años

If you are lacking light above the toilet, I would choose something more modern, perhaps hanging lights. Or Tin lights, even lights in your base boards!

• Mrs Pete
    hace 5 años

You could ... but a sconce above the toilet would light the back of your head and your, um, wiping area. At the same time, a light behind you would cause your head to cast a shadow.

You could put a sconce beside the toilet, which would throw light where you'd want it, but I still think a ceiling light is far superior.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.