Houzz Logo Print
letsgo716

Advice needed on patio cushion colors and coordinating umbrella & rug!

letsgo716
hace 5 años
I just purchased a new patio set for my roof deck! The set comes with two fabric options:

Sunbrella Canvas Navy
Sunbrella Spectrum Dove

I am partial to the navy but have concerns around heat retention and showing dust/dirt. The spectrum dove color is far more neutral and will not retain heat as much.

If I go with the navy - what color umbrella do you recommend? (Dove? Other bright color? Orange?)

If I go with the dove - what color umbrella do you recommend? (Navy?)

Appreciate any advice and insight you might have! Really struggling with the cushion options right now.

Thanks

Comentarios (8)

• K Laurence
    hace 5 años
    Última modificación: hace 5 años

What is your climate like? I like both but the navy will absorb heat. That’s the only two choices? For myself, I would choose the light, I like how it looks with the “wicker “ color. Just a matter of personal preference. I would prefer something in more of a midtone. Whichever you choose, I would go with the light umbrella, it will show less dust. Been there, done that. Sunbrella fabric holds up very well, warranteed against fading for some years...

• letsgo716
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    Live in Boston!
  • letsgo716
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    And yes - those are my only two options w this vendor!
  • Judy Mishkin
    hace 5 años
    Última modificación: hace 5 años

umbrella on roof deck... what could go wrong?

my daughter has a 7th and 8th floor terrace and balcony on comm ave... its pretty breezy. even without an umbrella actually tipping or going over the edge... a flapping umbrella can be annoying.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    hace 5 años

Really it will be airborne in the first wind storm . I would do the navy the white will be filty by the end of the season. Could you post a couple of pics of the whole deck and how it sits with the house you might be able to do an awning that attaches to the house.

• Elle
    hace 5 años

I would definitely go navy with the cushions and umbrella to hide dirt, and then add some lighter pillows for contrast.

• PRO
    Patio Lane
    hace 5 años

Very nice set! If you don't want to be limited to the 2 color options, we offer custom cushions and covers in thousands of Sunbrella fabrics for a truly custom look.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.