Birmingham Thinks
hace 5 años
first time buyer keen to have somewhere for coats and bags
keep 2nd toilet
turn it into a cloak room

Comentarios (15)

• Ellie
    hace 5 años
    I don't think a 2 bed flat needs a cloakroom, assuming you have enough cupboard space in the bedrooms for coats and bags. I would leave it as is. Get loads of coathooks on backs of doors.
  • Birmingham Thinks
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    it is turning into 3 bedroom flat for 2kids, 2 adults
  • PRO
    ARC Bespoke Interiors
    hace 5 años

Where is the entrance for the kitchen ?

I would have , a coat stand and a coat wall rack, on the wall in front of the main entrance , if its not the entrance to the kitchen or as soon you enter the main living room on the left hand side by the door, you can have a built in cupboard with sliding door or doors

• Birmingham Thinks
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    yep mistake, that is kitchen door, but we are considering turning it into a wall and making kitchen open into the lounge
  • Ellie
    hace 5 años
    Are you extending, it moving walls? Can you show us a plan of how the rest is going to be?
  • Birmingham Thinks
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    sure here is one idea
  • Birmingham Thinks
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    I am leaning towards keeping toilet now despite voting otherwise, as you can hang coats and bad anywhere, but going to the toilet....
  • Angie
    hace 5 años
    Is there space to hang coats in the cloakroom? (The clue's in the name...)
  • Birmingham Thinks
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    not really, there is a boiler and a toilet
  • PRO
    Spencer Marchand
    hace 5 años

The new layout definitely enhances the usability of the space from a daily living aspect. If it's possible from a structural side of things, removing the kitchen wall and opening it up into the living room will give the space a really nice flow between the spaces. Looks like you have a good idea of what you want to achieve. Good Luck with your future project.

• Birmingham Thinks
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    cheers thanks for all your help, the toilet will stay
  • Birmingham Thinks
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    amazing thank you
  • nobleseneb
    hace 5 años

Coats in the hall are, I think, a very personal thing: we keep our hall coat-and-shoe free - guests' garments we store in our dressing room. BUT, my sister-in-law's hall is a-jumble of coats, hats, umbrellas and all the detritus of family life - far to messy for me, but it's how they feel comfortable and therefore how they should live.

If I were in your position, I'd keep the loo and set aside some wardrobe space for visitors' coats.

• PRO
    Bathroom + Kitchen Eleven
    hace 5 años

If the kitchen is going to open up into the reception room, why not put a cupboard in the hallway for coats (where the kitchen door would have been)? I would definitely keep the 2nd WC.

Shannon

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.