Houzz Logo Print
laura_thimmig

Black Door/Window in living room?

Laura Thimmig
hace 5 años
This is the living-room of home I just purchased. Outside of the living room is a deck with a nice river view. I’m having the floors sanded and stained ebony. I will paint the stair bannister black. Now what to do with the window and door frames? I really like the black frame look - but my reservations are: will I get the same look painting wood? Also I usually see that look curtain-less and I really need some type of covering available at times. What are you thoughts? Appreciate your insight!
black doors and window frames
white Door and window frames

Comentarios (13)

• Kim Q
    hace 5 años
    Because the frames are so wide I would go white so they just disappear and are pretty. If you go black, think heavy eyeliner... panda look. Might be too jarring. Gorgeous room!
  • Tony Montana
    hace 5 años
    Última modificación: hace 5 años

Its looks very nice the way it is. Now your gonna screw the whole house up with this butt ugly modern trash. Dirty ebony floors? Gross!

• Kim Q
    hace 5 años
    Wow Tony, relax. Literally talking about design choices. Truly frivolous and personal decisions. Don’t worry, you never have to visit. Or comment!
  • ilikefriday
    hace 5 años
    Última modificación: hace 5 años

I love black window frames and think they would look fabulous in your space.

• miss lindsey (She/Her)
    hace 5 años

If possible have the banister and window frames stained instead of painted. I voted for black but that comes with a caveat: only if you can do stain and remove the white molding from around them. Otherwise I would leave them natural wood.

• miss lindsey (She/Her)
    hace 5 años

Also, there is a little flag in the upper right hand corner of each comment, perfect for reporting abuse.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    hace 5 años

I think I would wait until the floors are done, maybe some natural wood will be a nice touch.Just get rid of the tied up curtains. If you need sun control look at solar shades they will let you keep the view and lose the UV and heat but you will still need drapes at night

• Bev
    hace 5 años

If you love black, I would go for it! I painted the interior side of my front door black along with the closet door in my entryway and I love it. I do not worry about what other people will think, like my MIL who is very old fashioned.

• Elle
    hace 5 años

I love the look of black frames but would go with white based on their wider width so the outdoor view vs. the frames remain the focus.

• mjkjrobinson
    hace 5 años

No I like black door and window frames!

• PRO
    Kootenia Homes and Remodeling
    hace 5 años

Black is hot right now! Love it.

• Laura Thimmig
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    Thank you so much everyone! Really appreciate the time you spent to share your thoughts and especially the pictures. So kind of you! (I must have missed the nasty comments- glad I didn’t see!)
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.