Houzz Logo Print
nickyla

love this kitchen layout

Nicole A
hace 5 años
última modificación:hace 5 años

How did you get the upper cabinets to look the same width, yet they also look like they align with the lower cabinets - and they can't do both! And what colour are the cabinets? They look stunning against the tile.

Mona Vale Kitchen. Design and installation. · Más información

Comentarios (8)

• oklouise
    hace 5 años

looks like the base cabinets have either a 60cm wide door or a blind corner although the fridge would be wider than 60cm, more likely 90cm wide with the over fridge doors designed to suit

Nicole A agradeció a oklouise
  • dreamer
    hace 5 años
    I would suggest this is a custom built kitchen. With a custom build, the cabinets/drawers are measured and built to fit the space available.
    Nicole A agradeció a dreamer
  • Nicole A
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

Thanks ok and dreamer, I should have clarified that I was focusing on the uppers and lowers around the cooktop. I wondered how the 4 sets of uppers all looked about the same width, and line up with the drawers below, but then the last set of uppers should have only been about the width of the benchtop (so about 600 wide), which it isn't! But I think I've figured it out - looks like the first two sets of uppers line up with the drawers below (maybe 800 wide), but the next two sets are narrower (maybe 700 wide). Clever, as the eye doesn't see the last two sets as narrower, so looks balanced overall.

• oklouise
    hace 5 años

thanks Paul, always great to have professional advice ...we also found that the 700mm deep cabinets with a 1050mmx 900-1050 corner allows for easier access corner doors and also a 100mm deep splashback storage area with frosted glass sliding glass doors hold all the small packets and bottles

• PRO
    CTI Kitchens & Designer Joinery
    hace 5 años

Hi Louise

I generally don't use corner cabinets anymore due to access. I void the corner and run drawers in both directions.

I believe you get more useable storage space this way.

Most cabinets with doors and a shelf you only use half the space being the front half because you need to pull everything out to get items from the back of the cabinet. Only good for those big items that Arn't used very often.

A lot easier to get things looking symmetrical without corner doors.

• oklouise
    hace 5 años

it's so good to have a professional opinion with a clear explanation of why something works better one way or the other and i hope your customers appreciate the extra thought but depends on the habits of the cook and at least you still have a corner counter which is so much easier to work at but i have such a fine collection of treasured occasional use big appliances that fit very nicely in my big corner cabinet and i also have another corner accessible from outside the island, many thanks for your considerate response

• Jodie
    hace 5 años
    I'm a bit in love with those lights !
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.