valerine_lacroix

How can I make this storefront better without lots of money

Valerine Lacroix
hace 10 años
Next year I am planning a face-lift

Comentarios (33)

• Vienna Segura
    hace 10 años
    definitely paint the door a bold/your favorite color!
  • User
    hace 10 años
    What type of shop is this?
  • batgirlrocks
    hace 10 años
    Definitely new paint job and maybe not so many flowers out front maybe just the things that hold the flowers just that
  • User
    hace 10 años
    Start with a nice colorful welcome mat. Paint the door the color of the purple flowers in the pot.
  • PRO
    JWinteriors
    hace 10 años
    An architectural detail to tie windows with door and adds debth. A painted front door. A large welcome rug. An ice cream parlor table and chairs.
  • Valerine Lacroix
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    The building is the orginal fire hall in Orono, ON and I will using it as a bistro
  • User
    hace 10 años
    Get a nice chalkboard stand to highlight your bistro specials.
  • PRO
    John McLean, Architect
    hace 10 años
    In my view, the main problem is the door's style. You've got two flanking windows that are quite different in style from the door. You might consider going to a stile-and-rail door with a full height glass panel to approach the simple, large windows on either side.

The siding looks out of place next to the brick walls. I'm not sure what the material of that siding is, but if it is going to be changed in a year, I'd paint it one of the colors you see in the brick, and then paint the door a green to pick up the plant green, perhaps going to a lighter shade of green than a darker one.
  • PRO
    JWinteriors
    hace 10 años
    You could add a bench to the equation with colorful pillows...
  • PRO
    ZS Interior Design
    hace 10 años
    Paint the door red simplify the front with adding a bench or a chalk board sign with specials made from old picture frames the chalkboard needs to be eye catching and cute. Although pretty there are two many pots out front remove them and add something like a old bright wheel barrel or small bathtub and olantnallmthose plants in one large unique planter. Add a welcome Matt or cute hand painted sign above door to welcome guests.
  • M BH
    hace 10 años
    Paint the front door red, put color in the flower boxes that match and contrast the door, place a wood bench outside, put a sign above the door of the name of your bistro, and a welcome mat out front. Viola!
  • Sandy
    hace 10 años
    I agree. Red door and two planters in bright colors. Super cute!
  • Hayley Finnis
    hace 10 años
    I think it needs an awning over the front door to add some dimension to the building
  • Judy M
    hace 10 años
    An awning like this.
    2 large planters instead of a lot of small one.
    Bench and menu ideas are great.
  • Valerine Lacroix
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    thanks everyone and a special thanks Nancy for showing me how it would look with the brightly painted door and flower pots. My job this week-end will be to paint everything and to check the condition of the tounge and groove that is under the siding. I will post again on Monday
  • Valerine Lacroix
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Thanks Judy, I don't want to spend the money on an awning because next year I would like to replace the whole thing with glass and a retractable front.
  • PRO
    Plumbed Elegance
    hace 10 años
    Good job, Nancy Reese Redesign!
  • PRO
    vancity tiles and stones ltd
    hace 10 años
    Check our website for project ideas: www.vancitytiles.com
  • doctornancy
    hace 10 años
    Thank you, Plumbed Elegance.
  • arborhouse
    hace 10 años
    Nice medium blue siding with red door
  • Bonnie Loubier
    hace 10 años
    As far as the plants I would definitely place contrasting flowers in the window planters with herbs. Remove all the different size pots and replace with a tall green shrub. Either a topiary or a 7 gal Arborvitae 'Schmard'.I agree as well painting the door. A bench would make it inviting, and signage is important. A cafe table and chair would be inviting if not the bench. I owned a cafe and had three cafe tables for outside dining, depending on local ordinance. Also I went to the city who paid for half of the cost of my awnings with a facade grant.
    Painting the door is a great idea. The siding needs replacement or to be removed.
  • nwduck
    hace 10 años
    Signage is so important in retail. With the other changes, I would put a "Bistro" sign above the door (balancing the height differential between the top of the windows and the door), rather than the one in the window. Even an inexpensive wood plaque artistically done could tide you over until you remodel the front. For future, you might consider a transverse hanging sign visible to people walking the sidewalk both ways, similar to that you see in Ye Olde English pubs. :)
  • PRO
    Signature Home Services
    hace 10 años
    Great ideas, pick your favorite color for the door and I think color is the key.
  • PRO
    Elena's Landscape Design
    hace 10 años
    Switch many small pots for two large ceramic or fiberglass, paint the door. I lke the JWinteriors's idea to add architectural details around the door. Not as big and fancy as on the picture, but something like molding prifile to make door frame wider.
  • Valerine Lacroix
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    I have painted the door, great choise in colour Nacey, thank you. Now I just have to find the perfect mat
  • nwduck
    hace 10 años
    Great red door! Can you also spring for two red geraniums and put them in the center of the planters? That would really complete it!
    Valerine Lacroix agradeció a nwduck
  • mrstinylady
    hace 10 años
    I adore the little place! Looks sweet and cozy. The responses you got are spot on! Can you put some charming lighting on the brick (and maybe with a hanging chalkboard of specials on the left side?) columns?
    Valerine Lacroix agradeció a mrstinylady
  • mrstinylady
    hace 10 años
    Here's a "frontal assault" for your enjoyment.
  • mrstinylady
    hace 10 años
    But I felt like I couldn't stop while under a drifting rain shower . . .
  • mrstinylady
    hace 10 años
    and the skies opened up
  • mrstinylady
    hace 10 años
    caboom!
  • mrstinylady
    hace 10 años
    And now the skies are completely different.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.