Houzz Logo Print
carystillwell

is there such a thing as Faux Ceiling Beams?

Cary Stillwell
hace 10 años
Have a small condo that had old-world looking wooden ceiling beams. The previous owner painted them white. I'd like to encase them and bring back the wood look. In doing so, I think I could solve another issue. There are no ceiling lights or fans. I imagine I could run electrical through the faux encasements and install nifty track lighting across the beams....or something like that....
Thoughts?

Comentarios (5)

• PRO
    Brickwood Builders, Inc.
    hace 10 años
    Can't remember the names of the companies that make them, but yes there are several companies that make realistic but fake beams that are very light weight. I would think a google search would give you a starting place.
  • User
    hace 10 años
    Why not encase it in real wood and stain it? If you want the wood look, use wood. A picture of the room and beam would help with the electrical question.
  • PRO
  • Cary Stillwell
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Thanks so very much! This was my first post. I didn't realize I could add a picture...even better. Thanks again.
  • PRO
    AZ Faux Beams
    hace 10 años
    Cary,

We offer an array of faux wood products. Check out our various colors/sizes, and see if there is something that might fit your space: http://www.azfauxbeams.com/products/faux-beams. Our polyurethane beams are lightweight, easy to handle and install. Because they are hollow, lighting can easily be installed as needed.

Good luck with your condo!
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.