Houzz Logo Print
susan_saskin

Flooring for my living room, bedroom, stairs, basement and office

Susan Saskin
hace 6 años

I am trying to decide on the best flooring for many areas. I have a dog and most of the areas are high traffic. The living room has a 2 story ceiling, it opens to a loft leading to the upstairs bedrooms, so sound is an issue. The living room leads directly into the master bedroom with a barn door. The main floor has a stone accent fireplace, wood beams and other wood accent details including built in shelving on one wall. The stairs off the living room lead to a downstairs open concept "tv" room and office. To add to the decision is that the downstairs walls are covered in narrow wood plank flooring.

Suggestions please!

Comentario (1)

• PRO
    Dragon Scale Flooring
    hace 6 años

Hi Susan!

Reading your post got us thinking, and we would like to offer some suggestions.

First off, your house looks beautiful!

Secondly, try these suggestions:

Stone luxury vinyl tile to off-set the presence of wood but to compliment the natural feel

OR

Luxury vinyl planks which mimic the look of wood and can match the wood already up while offering additional durability and water resistance (great for pets).

To help with sound carpet is going to be your best bet, but if you want to go a different route like we mentioned above, area rugs will help dampen sound.

In fact we recently wrote some content on similar topics which could help you in making your decision:

Flooring Trends to Watch for in 2018

Have Your Cake and Eat it too with Vinyl Plank Flooring

Hope this information helped.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.