Houzz Logo Print
webuser_851428

Home warranty and my Kitchen Range...

B D
hace 6 años

Hello there... I currently have a Dynasty 30" Range that recently cooked its last meal, and the parts are no longer available. My home warranty only provides GE products for replacement and paid installation and has selected a GE Slide-In Front Control Convection Oven as a comparable. My other option is to take $980 and go purchase something on my own (about 1/2 of the replacement value).

These don't feel comparable to me in quality or aesthetic, but I could use some help in describing these differences persuasively to the home warranty company. From their perspective, I am getting more...

If I were to take the cash, suggestions on a comparable replacement? I really enjoyed my Dynasty -- and don't have $5k to invest. I am attaching a picture of my kitchen for context - while I may engage in remodeling in the next few years, it won't be this one.

I am also concerned about what to do about the lack of steel stub on the GE replacement-- as the tile stops at the edge on each side. Ideas for an easy fix if I take the replacement, or in general?

Thank you!

Comentarios (9)

• mishmosh2000
    hace 6 años

if you compare just the burner and oven outputs, the GE is certainly lighter duty. if they carry all GE lines, maybe you could persuade them that the Dynasty is more in line with GE Monogram.

• stevep2005
    hace 6 años

Which parts are no longer available? It seems like a fairly basic range (I mean that in a good way) and I'm surprised that you can't find replacement parts.

• PRO
    The Kitchenworks
    hace 6 años

Those Dynasty ranges were not really designed for the home but for cheap commercial applications. They got very hot on the exterior, and had to recall a huge number of them back in the day because they designed them with the igniter too far from the burners, resulting in many people having issues with late ignition (like when your burner goes BOOM in front of you).

I would not go looking for another Dynasty ranges. You won't find any good quality ranges at that 1k price point unfortunately so if you really cannot afford to spend any more money, all I would recommend is you take the $980 the insurance will give you and go to Home Depot or Lowes and feel all the ranges and pick the one you feel you like the best.

If you can invest a couple thousand (and I suggest you do if you fiscally have the ability to), then here are some of the least expensive, quality built 30" gas ranges I know of:

Bertazzoni MAS304GASXE. -- $2,599.

FiveStar TTN2607BW. -- +/- $3,000.

Technogas Superiore RN301GCSSL -- +/- $2,899.

If you can really stretch, then the Wolf GR304 won't do you wrong and will likely outlast you. It goes for around $4,390.

Anthony

Appliance Buyers Guide

• John
    hace 6 años

A 30" Bluestar RCS v2 has almost exactly the same specifications as your current range (15K BTU open burners, 9K BTU open simmer burner, very large 30K BTU convection oven, 15K BTU infrared broiler):

https://www.bluestarcooking.com/cooking/ranges/30-rcs-series-range/

vs.

http://www.dynastystoves.com/ranges-details.php?recordID=202

I have a 30" Bluestar RCS v2 and highly recommend it.

• B D
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    Thank you all! This is all very helpful! @Kitchenworks is correct - The igniter went out again (third year in a row) and this time they couldn’t find a replacement. Right now, I am waiting to hear back from the warranty people to see if I can get a little more value if I take cash... none of you are making a case for the GE replacement model they are suggesting :) - and I really appreciate the recommendations for replacement!
  • PRO
    The Kitchenworks
    hace 6 años

Bluestar does make a great range, they are correct. Specs match-up too. Only reason I didn't include it in my list is that I've always found working with the people at Bluestar to be difficult. This may be the reason they've bounced from distributor to distributor as well.

• M
    hace 6 años

Bluestar customer service has always been good to me. But then, I get the distinct impression that they are a much smaller business than some of the other players ... with all the pros and cons that that implies.

They can be more flexible and resourceful, but they can also be entirely helpless, if the one person assigned to a given problem doesn't have the time or resources to help when you happen to contact them.

• ifoco
    hace 6 años

Steve 2005,

I agree with you however, in this world things seem to be different. We bought a house, built in 2001 had a home inspector. He was supposedly wonderful, for sure expensive. Long story short, the oven door springs were shot so it didn't close tightly. (he didn't catch that or a lot of other things) Oven is a combo microcave convection/ regular oven.

With the purchase of the house we got a home warranty. I called, paid my fee and yes it's covered but....... the hinges which are causing the problem are no longer availavble. The hinges to the oven were damaged because someone decideed to place their whatever on the oven door, I mean their hinges, really can't someone find a hinge to fix this problem. Is a hinge that specific.? That's what irks most of us these days. Everything is complicated when it shouldn't be.

Inga

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.