Houzz Logo Print
roxy1117

1/2" vs 1/4" corner radius for quartz countertop?

roxy1117
hace 6 años
última modificación:hace 6 años

Does anyone have pictures of either? I need to make a decision ASAP for our new quartz countertops, and surprisingly cannot find ANY pictures online. I don't want anything too rounded and am going for a cleaner look (we are doing an eased edge). Thank you in advance!

Comentarios (29)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    hace 6 años

The smaller the better

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    hace 6 años
    Última modificación: hace 6 años

!/4 and no more. Straight ease and polish. CRISP. The material won't change the radius. That's the way the outside corners will look.

• mark_rachel
    hace 6 años

You honestly won't notice the difference between the two. Very small difference. You don't want them too pointed. Plus quartz can be chippy, but I would go at least 1/2 if not larger.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    hace 6 años

Most engineered stone manufacturers are going to require a 3/8" minimum inside corner radius. You can eliminate the radius with a French miter. If you go smaller and it fails, you're out of warranty. Page 10, please.

If your fabricator profiles and polishes with a CNC machine, his tooling will dictate inside corner radii, usually 2+" or so. Sure, he could go back and cut the corners by hand, but that's gonna cost ya. Depending on the profile, it may not be cost effectively possible. Don't be surprised if he refuses (I've had them do so), as he's based his bid on kicking that top out the door quickly.

• zumba1
    hace 6 años

Roxy, thank you for posting these photos. They are so helpful!

• PRO
    Quartz - Stone Care, Cleaning & Repair Experts
    hace 6 años

Joseph Corlett, LLC again the fabrication guide you are referring to is VOID! it is 8 years old.

roxy1117 external corners it does not matter but has to be 1/2" for all internal corners including any cutout or change of directions for any quartz manufacturer.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    hace 6 años

"roxy1117 external corners it does not matter but has to be 1/2" for all internal corners including any cutout or change of directions for any quartz manufacturer."

QSCCRE: You got a link for that?

• PRO
  • Ashley Grider
    hace 5 años

roxy117 are the white counters yours? which radius did you end up going with?

• roxy1117
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    Hi Ashley, yes the white are my counters. We went with an "eased" edge which is the most square (they still do something to the edges so there is not a sharp point, but they don't give them a radius). I love them and it was just the look I was going for.
  • Ashley Grider
    hace 5 años

Thanks, roxy117. They look beautiful! I was under the impression yours were the 1/4" radius so thanks for clarifying.

I'm in the process of finalizing my selections and I'm going with an eased edge as well, but was told me I needed to go with a radius so I think I will go with a square edge but have the corners 'polished' to take away the sharpness as I prefer the square look as well.

roxy1117 agradeció a Ashley Grider
  • val
    hace 5 años

I absolutely love the eased corner! That is exactly what I ordered and some man thought he knew better about what I wanted and changed it on me! Now, they are having to do a total replacement on my countertops. I was treated horribly, but persisted in telling my story of what I wanted and paid for, and what I got being two different things. Now, it will cost them. Education ain't cheap as the saying goes. It pays to listen to the customer. I am speaking up and having them make it right, not just for me, but for other women and customers. I was deceived, but now I am stronger for speaking up and making sure they make it right. I will continue after my new counters are in. I will continue to be an agent of change on how the Home Depot does business with women. Cheers to all of us getting the kitchen we want! :) <3

roxy1117 agradeció a val
  • PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    hace 5 años

val:

We see a lot of big box bashing here, but yours is testimony to the power they have over their fabricators. HD called your fabricator and said "Eat this top or kiss our million dollars a year in business goodbye."

• i m
    hace 4 años

@roxy1117 what is the radius on the inside of your corners?

• roxy1117
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

They don't have a specific radius-- I told them to do as sharp as they possibly could without comprising integrity of the inside corners. There's an ever so slight curve in them.
    I'm very happy with how it turned out and it's holding up well. Attaching a few more pics in case helpful.

• roxy1117
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Here is how our kitchen turned out. Love our counters, and glad to see this information has helped some of you. I also designed everything myself (not a designer by trade but have a passion for it), which was really fun!

• Lea05
    hace 4 años

Your kitchen came out gorgeous. What is the name of your quartz? Did you use the same radius around your kitchen sink? Mind taking a pic?

Any pros or cons on what kind of radius for the sink from the pros on here?

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    hace 4 años
    Última modificación: hace 4 años

I like to follow the sink radii, but I dislike 90* corners in solid surface, estone, and granite from a structural, not esthetic, perspective.

I would never do a radius as small as the one pictured above. The manufacturers have recommendations as to minimums.

No 90* sink corners on sintered (Neolith, Dekton) ever. That's just asking for failure.

• roxy1117
    Autor original
    hace 4 años
    Última modificación: hace 4 años

@Lea05 We used a more curved radius for the sink which follow's the sink manufacturer's provided template. Pics of that attached.

The quartz is from the brand Mont Surfaces, style is "Clarity". We were looking for quartz that looked like marble, but felt that all the imitations looked too much like imitations vs the real thing. When we saw clarity, we fell in love with the look itself and knew we had a winner.

• PRO
    Donna Walker, Artist
    hace 4 años

Roxy1117-

Thank you. Your pictures and info are very helpful! We are going with Cambria Newport quartz and 1/8“ eased edge with 1/2“ corners. It was helpful to see your sample photos. They just templated today. LoOve your backsplash!

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    hace 4 años

Donna:

I urge you to reconsider your edge profile choice, especially at your sink cut out. A 1/8" edge profile, especially at a sink, is a chip factory. I changed a double bowl undermount sink to a single bowl yesterday and spent an hour removing chew marks from the cutout edge. I see it constantly everywhere.

• Robert Germany
    hace 4 años

Roxy117 - this was helpful. Thank you for posting. Your kitchen is beautiful. Can you let me know name of the backsplash tile you used.

• darbuka
    hace 4 años

@roxy1117, your backsplash is gorgeous!

• PRO
    Archie Renovates & Renews
    hace 3 años

Joseph Corlett, I agree I’m seeing the exact same chipping on our countertop sink edge. What profile do you recommend instead for sink edge?

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    hace 3 años

The larger and more round the edge profile, the less the chipping.

• Deb2426
    hace 2 años

Roxy1117 - your kitchen is just beautiful!! I’m going through a corner radius dilemma right now and I wanted to be sure I understood what you did…your outside corners all have no radius at all right? They’re square eased and polished only? I was confused at first that you might have went with 1/4”. Thank you!!

• hannah1995yoga
    el último año

I love your countertops with the clean lines and square corners i just had quartz countertops installed with curved corners after i had specifically ordered squared. Sadly, they tell me i have to pay and will not replace it. I even hired their designer and we went over all the details including straight clean cut sides and square corners. Not once did they ask me what radius I wanted. She only showed me the buffet in their showroom with squared corners. She then did up drawings with square corners which I signed and they still installed rounded corners. i want to have it replaced, as it isnt what i ordered but now they want to take action if i dont pay the balance owing :(

I feel I need to stand my ground as this is a huge investment. Thoughts?

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    el último año

hannah:

Please post a picture. There are manufacturer specifications that have to be met regarding inside corners. You have not said if your corners are outside or inside.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.