Houzz Logo Print
claudiaamonini

will this space look better with some type of room divider

claudiaamonini
hace 6 años
Hi, about to get a round table in the open space you see in front of the kitchen... does anyone think I should consider some type of room divider on the left in front of the lounge?? Where the white round pot plant is???? And if so- should I go with slats? Or a buffet or bookcase of some kind??

Comentarios (19)

• Chris
    hace 6 años
    That is a great open space! One your dining table is in place you may feel totally different about the whole area. Wait and see.
  • oklouise
    hace 6 años

no need for a room divider but an extra potted plant or coffee tables within hand reach on either side of chairs and lounge adds to comfort but why a round table? is there enough space to leave at least 1m in every direction with chairs pulled out? if not an extending rectangular table (with rounded ends?) would feel more spacious

• girlguides
    hace 6 años
    I actually like square table as like round better fir everyone to be in same conversation unlike rectangle
  • girlguides
    hace 6 años
    I would have a second chair or two seater as room divider and good conversation area
  • claudiaamonini
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    The reason why I was thinking round table is because I already have a gorgeous big walnut table in the adjoining room- as shown. So I was looking to do something different in the every day eating/living area.... but I could put this table in the kitchen area and get a round table in the formal room... just thinking. Any thoughts???
  • julie herbert
    hace 6 años
    Hi Claudia,
    I think your table looks stunning where it is, looks beautiful with your furniture, I think your choice of round table for your other area will look perfect, you have great style
  • PRO
    Danielle Trippett Interior Design
    hace 6 años
    I would add a side table and lamp where the pot plant is and put the chair to the side of this area, creating more of a increase living space. I think the table will look great in the dining area.
  • siriuskey
    hace 6 años

I would love to see your side board in the formal living on the opposite wall in stead of in front of the window and curtain, I think will make for better balance The family is open plan so the family can spend time together I don't understand why yo would want to break this space into two, I also would prefer another rectangle table running parallel to the Island, it could match the dining table. Agree with Danielle that the chair would be much better to the side of this area.

• annb1997
    hace 6 años

I like the rectangular table where it is; it suits the space perfectly. I really like Julie's idea of a taller & larger white pot w/large ficus, so your view to outdoors & all that daylight isn't obscured so much as a screen or bookcase would. Agree to you have a great style.

• Lisa Bird
    hace 6 años
    Where is your sofa from, the low Grey one. I love it!
  • User
    hace 6 años
    Love your furnitue placement with teal chair and sofa, looks a beautiful space.
  • claudiaamonini
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    Thanks everyone. The place I got the grey sofa from (years ago) is shut down, but I’m sure you can buy online. It’s called a Marcella sofa.

I like the white pot and ficus idea! Thanks. So Julie are you saying to add that alongside the other white pot??

And going back to the formal room- if I put my sideboard on opposite wall it will be against a wallpaper wall which runs along the hallway passage - I’ve taken a couple of pics of that side now - do you still think I should do that? Maybe I just need t move my sideboard closer to lounge?? Or dining??
  • julie herbert
    hace 6 años
    Hi Claudia,
    Wow!! I wouldn’t touch a thing, your rooms look stunning and that wallpaper wall is magnificent,a feature in itself, I think you have got the balance and style just perfect, I was thinking a large pot and ficus next to sofa and other pot would be all I would do, love small basket near wall paper wall , everything is just gorgeous Claudia.
  • siriuskey
    hace 6 años

Hi there I think it could look really good on that white wall and right next to the wall paper. Love you coffee table and the windows with curtains, just have the wall hangings between the curtains and floor lamp near the lounge where the pot plant is. Loving how there's a down light in front of your lovely curtains. Still think you should try your ding table in the family with a view to getting the same for that space. How big is the space between the kitchen island - wall and each end. The family room table will be used for everyday meals, so a lot of use. cheers

• suancol
    hace 6 años

A slatted room divider could be placed where the floor type changes, to more enclose the lounge area from the kitchen. Is there a view from the kitchen? Perhaps a small table with chairs to view the scenery and have coffee conversations as you mention a dining area elsewhere.

• claudiaamonini
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    I have tried the sideboard against the white wall but it doesn’t look as good there- I think I’d prefer black and walnut display shelves on the white wall or even a photo collage—- if anything at all.

If I was going to do a divider for either these rooms I’d choose a vertical slat or shelving unit - and would def not block off areas so, I’d do less slats maybe and more open ....
  • julie herbert
    hace 6 años
    I agree with you Claudia, I think your rooms are perfect, sometimes a little space brings a lovely look to a room and your white wall balances your room and sets the wallpaper wall off beautifully, and the artwork on the white wall is perfectly placed, I think your rooms are just gorgeous , I love your shelves near fireplace, Everything is beautiful.
  • annb1997
    hace 6 años

Mmm I agree the rooms are absolutely beautiful. I had thought it worthwhile seeing what the beautiful timber sideboard would look like against wallpapered wall, but it looks so perfect where it is. You are very generous, Claudia, sharing more and more of your lovely home. I feel like I'm going on an adventure! It's good seeing the expanses of natural light and free space in these rooms as it's uncluttered.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.