Houzz Logo Print
lauren_england98

Has anyone installed Lg viatera karis?

Lauren
hace 6 años
Hi houzzers! I know this question was asked back in July, but I was wondering if anyone had installed the new Lg Viatera karis quartz countertops since then? If so, would you mind sharing your opinions and pictures if you have them? Thank you! Here is a pic of the sample I saw.

Comentarios (68)

• macjumper21
    hace 5 años
    And I also saw Viatera Minuet today . We haven’t made our decision but I hope this helps.
  • joannaglor
    hace 5 años
    Lauren, your kitchen is beautiful! Could you tell me the backsplash you used? I’m having Karis installed with Wood Mode Nordic White.
  • Lauren
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    Hey Joanna, thank you! The backsplash is daltile rittenhouse 3 x 6 subway tile in arctic white. There were a few white subway tiles by daltile, but the “arctic white” had the best undertones with the karis. Good luck!
  • hstockwell
    hace 5 años

Lauren- beautiful kitchen! Can you share your cabinet paint color?

• Lauren
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    Absolutely hmkinney! It’s BM OC-17 white dove! Color matched to Sherwin Williams.
  • Eva K
    hace 5 años

Hi Lauren! We just got our Karis installed and are about to paint our cabinets. Did you paint those yourself? What did you use under or gloss over?

• Lauren
    Autor original
    hace 5 años
    Hi Eva! We did not paint the cabinets ourselves. They were sprayed at our house.
  • Lea Geller
    hace 5 años

ANy chance you can post a few more pics of your backsplash? I love it.

• Jo-Ann Kevala
    hace 5 años
    We live our Karis ! Paired with white dove cabnets. Not the greatest pics but will give you an idea.
  • CES DAC
    hace 4 años

Looks great. What is the color/brand of your backsplash?

• Lauren
    Autor original
    hace 4 años
    Ces, daltile rittenhouse 3x6 in arctic white
  • CES DAC
    hace 4 años

Thanks!

• Embeth
    hace 4 años

Hi all, we are looking at Karis and wondering your thoughts on pairing it with a marble backsplash? Would it be too busy? I’ve only ever seen pics of Karis paired with plain white backsplash. Any thoughts or pictures would be much appreciated!

• Lauren
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Hey Embeth! I’ve heard a lot of designers don’t like to pair natural stones with man-made stones, because they can make the man-made look obvious. Honestly though, I’ve seen some quartz counters with marble backsplashes that look great! I’d make sure the undertones work well together, and get samples to look at in your space.

• Embeth
    hace 4 años

Lauren, thank you for the response. Good advice! Your kitchen is very pretty. I have island pendants almost identical to yours. You said your cabinet color is matched to Sherwin Williams? Do you mean it’s the same color as Sherwin Williams white dove? I’m just trying to get a reference for my own cabinets. I think SW white dove is a slightly warmer white. Do you find the Karis to be a warmer white background?

• Lauren
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Thank u! Our cabinet paint is color matched to Benjamin Moore’s white dove (OC-17), but the painters used sherwin williams paint. I hope that explains it better and isn’t more confusing.

• Lauren
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Oh sorry, and yes white dove is a warmer white without being yellow. And I do think the karis has a warmer white background.

• Lauren
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

I’m not sure why, but all my iPhone pics make the karis look a bit cooler than in real life

• Embeth
    hace 4 años

Thank you, that helps!

• Bell Cullins
    hace 4 años

Lauren, what color did you use for the crown molding.

• Lauren
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Hi Bell! We used Sherwin Williams paint color matched to Benjamin Moore’s white dove, OC-17 in semi-gloss on the crown and in satin on the cabinets.

• Bell Cullins
    hace 4 años

Lauren , I guess you used the semi-gloss on the crown and doorsin the rest of the house too and may i ask what color for the ceiling? Did you use white dove throght out your home?

• Lauren
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

Same color, white dove, for the ceiling, and yes, we used it throughout the home.

• Bell Cullins
    hace 4 años

Lauren, Thank you so much ! Your kitchen is beautiful !!

• Lois Barber
    hace 3 años

I am looking at Viatera "Lumina" but after seeing some photos, I will check out Karis. I have white cabinets and want a square white square subway tile backsplash and Lauren's photo is gorgeous!

• Alyssa Smith
    hace 3 años

Lauren, your kitchen is beautiful! What flooring did you use?

• Lauren
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Alyssa, we used 2 1/4” red oak stained provincial and early American 4 to 1 respectively.

• Sabrina Malano
    hace 3 años

About to install Karis in our new kitchen. Love your pictures and love it for the same reason that the pattern doesn’t appear repetitive, so it looks more natural. I considered Minuet as well, but after seeing the two in person the Minuet didn’t have the same wow factor. I’ll add a pic when it’s installed.

• Usuario de Houzz-416956737
    hace 3 años

Lauren, how have the counter tops held up? We are looking at installing this exact one, but scared because the seller said that quartz can stain pretty easily, and we have 3 young kids so that is a worry of ours.

• Lauren
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

HU, our quartz did not stain at all. Maybe the installer meant quartzite?

• Usuario de Houzz-416956737
    hace 3 años

Haha no, she said all quartz, so we didn't look at many of the quartz options. I was confused because everything I read online said quartz was a stain resistant option and durable, so I wanted to get some input from someone who has this exact type of quartz. So glad to hear it has held up well! No issues at all with it?

• hstockwell
    hace 3 años
    Última modificación: hace 3 años

HU- We installed LG Karis 2 years ago. We have noticed that red wine will leave a stain. If it's quickly caught and scrubbed it will nearly disappear. We also had a cast iron pan leave a rust-colored stain; same thing, some quick clean up and a lot of rubbing made it virtually unnoticeable. With the white background it does seem that some things permeate without some serious and quick maintenance.

• Lauren
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

I could’ve left wine, marker, tomato sauce, or really anything on our counter over night, and it would’ve wiped clean. Now, I was told that it would yellow in direct sunlight, but didn’t experience that.

• Bri Lar
    hace 3 años

I installed Karis it is very pretty quartz

• Kristy Leigh
    hace 3 años

@Bri Lar that is Karis? It looks nothing at all like mine that was just installed

• Lauren
    Autor original
    hace 3 años

Agree, Kristy. It looks more like rococo. Another very pretty quartz

• Sabrina Malano
    hace 3 años

I agree, definitely Rococco. Another one we considered but I just fell in love with the veining in Karis

• Bri Lar
    hace 3 años

Kristy can you post a photo of your?

• Kristy Leigh
    hace 3 años

Bri here are a few pics of ours.

• Kristy Leigh
    hace 3 años

Here is a bigger pic of the island (with and without flash, hard to get a good pic!)

• Bri Lar
    hace 3 años

So pretty Kristy, What backsplash are you going to use?

• Kristy Leigh
    hace 3 años

No clue! Trying to decide on paint and tile now. It’s so hard!!

• Sabrina Malano
    hace 3 años

Went with a tile from Menards - Mohawk® Crafted Gloss Gray 3 x 12 Ceramic Wall Tile I wanted gray tile but it took awhile to find one that worked well with the tones in Karis.

Paint we went with Benjamin Moore Silver Chain (1472). Should be completed in a couple weeks. Will post pic!

• Sabrina Malano
    hace 3 años

Countertops being installed today.

I am in love 🥰🥰🥰

• Kristy Leigh
    hace 3 años

So pretty! In love with mine too. Please post more pics as your kitchen comes along!

• Jen M
    hace 3 años

@Sabrina Malano I love you kitchen! What color did you use for your island? My fiancé and I are torn between the muse and the karis. We'd like to accent the island too. The plan was to use a dark navy but I love the grey you've used. Is it a bluish grey in person?

• Clairissa Pickering
    hace 2 años

Big price difference between anything in masterpiece collection ie. Karis vs. Classic Collection Rococo or Minuet. Anyone else see this. I really want the Karis bit it is $1500 more just for my kitchen.

• alechia27
    el último año

@Sabrina Malano what colour are your white cabinets? Also, do you think the Karis is too busy to use as the back splash?

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    el último año

It is not too busy for backsplash. Putting geometric tile against movement is too busy.

• alechia27
    el último año

Thank you. I haven't seen any pictures anywhere with it as a backsplash

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.