Houzz Logo Print
yvonnepthompson

Reconfigure flat - what’s my best option

Yvonne Tomson
hace 6 años

Hello, I’ve just purchased a flat and would like to rearrange my bathroom and kitchen.

Currently we would have to go through the kitchen to access the bathroom and we aren’t comfortable with this idea.

I would be grateful if you could advise on the best layout Retaining two Bedrooms.

Thanks Yvonne

Comentarios (6)

• Jonathan
    hace 6 años
    You could swap move the position of all of the rooms but you need to be sure if this is possible (lease restrictions and structural issues) and budget too.
    Unless you are in a very expensive postcode this probably doesn’t make financial sense to consider
    Yvonne Tomson agradeció a Jonathan
  • andrewbooton
    hace 6 años
    Hi Yvonne,

It depends how the soil pipes are configured and how you can access them.

Here are 2 rough sketches of one or two shower room options that you might be able to achieve. You might also gain more efficient space in bedroom 1 and the kitchen too. I’m assuming internal stud walls.
    Yvonne Tomson agradeció a andrewbooton
  • PRO
    Casa Colori
    hace 6 años

Hi Yvonne, I had the same idea of @ Mirasur Proyectos SL. If you switch the living room with the small bedroom, you could knock down the wall between the bedroom and what is now the bathroom. You might need to make the current kitchen small since it will become your bathroom.

I hope it helps

Yvonne Tomson agradeció a Casa Colori
  • Yvonne Tomson
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Thanks all for responding this is really helpful.

Our initial thoughts were to have two bedrooms at the front of the property and swap the larger bedroom to bathroom and kitchen. Having some sort of open plan effect - effectively going through the living room to kitchen and bathroom access to the entrance hall. But will be dependent on soil pipe and seems quite significant.

• A B
    hace 6 años

If you flip the second bedroom to the right, it would leave space for a smaller internal bathroom off the hall, and larger kitchen off the living space. Makes more sense in my head to have it this way round! Not sure if it would actually be allowed, but not too far from soil pipes hopefully

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.