Houzz Logo Print
carladr

Costs of California Closets, Easy Closets, etc. vs. Cabinet Maker

carladr
hace 6 años

Has anyone compared costs to design/build a walk-in closet using California Closets, The Container Store Closets, etc. versus giving a design to a cabinet builder?

Comentarios (11)

• acm
    hace 6 años

well, part of what you pay California Closets for, at least, is the design process -- they measure how many linear feet of rod you need for your actual clothes, how many shoes or ties, and come up with a design that incorporates all of it. beyond that, "a cabinet builder" isn't a standardized thing that can be compared -- will depend on skill, region, and all the rest. probably nobody can answer this question. a place like Easy Closets can offer a design or you can move elements around -- cheaper than CC, but depends on your knowing what you need pretty well.

carladr agradeció a acm
  • chispa
    hace 6 años

Also check out the ELFA closet system at the Container Store. They will do a free design and price it out for you. Busy on weekends, so go during the week or call ahead and make an appointment.

carladr agradeció a chispa
  • beckysharp Reinstate SW Unconditionally
    hace 6 años

And check out Ikea's PAX system if you're near an Ikea.

carladr agradeció a beckysharp Reinstate SW Unconditionally
  • rockybird
    hace 6 años
    Última modificación: hace 6 años

I was at IKEA a few weeks ago and saw the new system they have out which I personally like better than the PAX system. I will be looking into purchasing this system for my walk in closet, but I also think I will inquire at Ca. closets to see what the price difference is. I checked out the ELFA system but I was disappointed with the quality.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S39251771/

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/departments/bedroom/35769/

https://www.apartmenttherapy.com/ikea-closets-custom-closet-look-251991

• einportlandor
    hace 6 años

I've had good luck in my current home with the Elfa system from The Container Store. As someone else said, they do the design and will also install if you want that service. Good sales every few months.

OTOH, in my last house there was a standard reach-in closet with sliding doors in a teen's room. My handyman installed deep shelves in 1/2 of the closet and a rod, hooks and shoe rack in the other 1/2. I bought nice plastic bins of different sizes at The Container Store to hold jeans, tops, underwear, etc. Eliminated the need for a dresser. Worked out well and the cost was great.

carladr agradeció a einportlandor
  • carladr
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

It looks like The Container Store has a new closet design system which may be a step above elfa : https://www.containerstore.com/tcsclosets/index.htm

• PRO
    Debbie Mauro @ Closet Factory (Colorado)
    hace 6 años
    please do check out the new system from the container store and then call a closet company to see how reasonable a true professional is. Their knowledge is invaluable!
  • Shannon_WI
    hace 3 años

Interesting that HU- 515409752 resurrected a 2-year-old thread to post for the first time and provide links and a detailed description of a closet company.

• tommco
    hace 2 años

I arrived here looking to compare a couple of the RTA manufacturers, and I don't like leaving negative reviews, but the after going to the link above for Modular Closets, I must say based on a very quick look at their cabinets, they are lacking in variety, selection, and inspiration. Very weak compared to their competitors.

• qofmiwok
    el último año

Agree about Modular Closets. In addition they are only 14" deep. Still looking for an IKEA PAX equivalent since those are so hard to get now.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.