Houzz Logo Print
lb8087

Home Exterior Lighting Dilemma

lb8087
hace 6 años

Need advice on lighting the upper half of our home, possibly with bullet lights from the ground. One thing I need to mention is that the lighting you see on the lower part of the home will be continued (still in progress) around to the other side near front entry.

What would you advise for this home?

LB

Comentarios (4)

• lb8087
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    Última modificación: hace 6 años

Need advice on lighting the upper half of our home, possibly with
    bullet lights from the ground. One thing I need to mention is that the
    lighting you see on the lower part of the home will be continued (still
    in progress) around to the other side near front entry.

What would you advise for this home?

I retouched the picture so it is not so dark.

• PRO
    Oakwood Automation
    hace 6 años

I know homes with this issue and you can find beautiful lamp fixtures to be placed around your home. They can add value and provide the lighting you need!

• PRO
    Revolutionary Gardens
    hace 6 años

The challenge with trying to light the upper story from the ground is there's probably going to be a hot spot of light somewhere from each fixture and it's really easy to get an Addams Family house effect. You'd be better off working with a landscape lighting designer and looking at fixtures mounted on the house itself (under the eaves, in gable peaks) and even some downlighting from that large tree. Beyond that, your picture is too small and too dark to even begin to identify the key features we'd look to highlight.

This photo shows how it's not just the fixtures, it's the light levels and how you choose to use shadows as well as light that makes it work. If you're planning on doing your own lighting and you want the best result, be prepared to try a bunch of different fixtures and buy additional bulbs in all different beam spreads and wattages to fine tune the results.

• lb8087
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    Última modificación: hace 6 años

Thank You. I love the example that you used, beautiful.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.