Houzz Logo Print
alex_strucel

Need help with countertops - Silestone Lagoon

Alex Evink
hace 6 años

We are remodeling a house and I need some advice on what to do with the kitchen. I have looked at thousands of pictures and was thinking white cabinets, dark espresso island with white countertops and dark bronze fixtures/hardware. I have looked at backsplashes and I love the brick backsplashes with a little whitewash. This was the look I had in my head -- but my fiance and I looked at quartz yesterday and he did not like the clean white quartz I was going for (although liked all the pictures of kitchens I had showed him in white). He preferred Silestone Lagoon Quartz in suede finish and I loved it so we agreed on that. The sales rep even said he felt like too much white looked "sterile". Now looking at pictures online it looks very grey in a lot of pictures and I am now wondering if that will not look good with the bronze fixtures/hardware and the backsplash I had in mind. Should I change the whole look I was going for and not have the bronze, and select more grey in the backsplash? Our cabinets are already selected- timberlake painted linen

with espresso island. Attached is a picture of the slab. Any advice is appreciated.

Comentarios (7)

• PRO
    South Redwood Design Studio
    hace 6 años

I wouldn't pair it with a brick that has a light whitewash where you might see the clay color of the brick shining through... I think you could go with a fully glazed white brick... such as https://www.fireclaytile.com/brick/colors/detail/snow/ 

I'd stick with white and not do the grey. Keep it fresh.

I've used Lagoon before and paired it with a white Ann Sacks Savoy HIve Ceramic.

Central NJ Renovation · Más información

• Alex Evink
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Thank you for your feedback!! Great advice.

• mark_rachel
    hace 6 años

Josh Tallant recently posted about his backsplash that I think you would love!!

I also think a white subway would look nice. Maybe in a herringbone to add character.

• Alex Evink
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

OK I love the first picture, that backsplash would be perfect! I also like the herringbone but I don't like glossy subway tile. Any ideas for less glossy back splash?

• jayrika
    hace 2 años
    Última modificación: hace 2 años

Hi, I have upper white and dark navy lower cabinets. I'm getting the lagoon countertops installed with that, what should I put for a backsplash? I'm going for a rustic look. I love the photo of the white brick from Josh. Would that go good with what I have? This is a photo with my flooring and cabinets.

• Carolyne Yonta
    hace 7 meses

@jayrika Do you have a photo of your navy cabinets with the lagoon counter tops?? We are considering this combo in a bathroom! Thanks in advanced!

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.