Houzz Logo Print
designideas4me

Concrete around pool

designideas4me
hace 6 años
When a pool already has concrete and it is getting old and discolored and the coping in need of repair,what are the options from least to most expensive? I assume the pavers or tile you installed in this remodel are very expensive? Can coping be stained the same color as the concrete and who do you suggest neat Temecula if you dont cover this area? Thank you
Take me to another level · Más información

Comentarios (2)

• PRO
    Distinguished Pools
    hace 6 años
    Old concrete can be revitalize using different methods, we do not specialize in revitalizing concrete. However we work with an excellent concrete revitalizing contractor and that is what they do. Send me an email at dan@distinguishedpools.com i’d be happy to get you all of their information. You need to be really careful when working with contractors that do this type of work. What you don’t want is to do an overlay, which is just placing another substance over the top of the existing concrete. overtime what will happen as the cracks that you’re seeing underneath will actually transfer that energy to the overlay product and you’ll have the same messy thing going on. So it is very important to talk to someone who does not do that type of restoration

Concrete coping same thing applies, if the material is solid and doesn’t have any underlying issues that are going to cause it to degrade or fail, then acid staining are things you can consider. This particular project that was not an option, and the coping had broken apart and failed, it was beyond repair.

Also from a design standpoint, you want to pick a product that is going to complement the home. The products that were chosen for this particular project, are in my opinion, the ones that should have been installed from the start.

Also, I am not aware of any other products that you could go over existing concrete, that are going to give you a lasting finish like Travertine pavers do.

On any project you need to look at all your available options, if you have a smaller area, the cost of taking out the concrete is not as expensive and you can look at other options.

But starting over on a project of this magnitude, meaning ripping out all that concrete, and installing a product that would be less expensive than travertine, would have the cost of removing all that concrete, so now you’re back at the same dollar value.

Send me an email with some photos of your backyard and thoughts on what you’re trying to achieve, we will see what we can do to help you.
  • designideas4me
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Ok thank you,I will do that.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.