Houzz Logo Print
cheri127

What are acceptable tolerances on cabinet doors?

cheri127
hace 6 años

Our Brookhaven cabinets have been installed and I think the gap between the base cabinet doors is too big. There are two double door cabinets and gap between each pair of doors about 3/8". They could probably be adjusted, but then the doors wouldn't line up with the drawer front above. Does anyone know what is considered within acceptable limits for these tolerance?. I'd love to ask for new doors but I'm not sure I have a leg to stand on. Thanks!

Comentarios (8)

• Mrs. S
    hace 6 años

I don’t know but I do know that watching a quick YouTube video on adjusting Euro hinges was a huge help to me when I installed cabinet doors. I hope someone can answer your question.

cheri127 agradeció a Mrs. S
  • Karenseb
    hace 6 años

What is the gap on other doors? Pictures?

cheri127 agradeció a Karenseb
  • PRO
    Da Vinci Remodeling, LLC
    hace 6 años
    Última modificación: hace 6 años

Our cabinet door gapping is 3/32” – 1/8”. Whether you have a leg to stand on is a question only your sales order or contract can answer – review them carefully.

3/8” is too big. Good Luck!

Paul

cheri127 agradeció a Da Vinci Remodeling, LLC
  • chispa
    hace 6 años

I ordered Wood-mode cabinets which are still being made, but I remember some of the displays I saw had a gap between double doors. Don't remember if they were Brookhaven or Wood-mode displays. Those doors had a rubber sweep placed on the inside of one door to minimize the appearance of the gap. The rubber was in a few different colors depending on cabinet color. I didn't like the way it looked at all, specially at that price point, but don't remember which cabinet style, etc. I know they didn't all look like that.

Darn, now I'll have to go look at my plan/design!

cheri127 agradeció a chispa
  • PRO
    Debbi Washburn
    hace 6 años

Every company uses a different set of dimensions there... but 3/8 does seem a bit big... I just measured the ones on one of my displays and it was 1/8 on one and 1/4 on another...

I would suggest doing a slight adjustment to each door - bring each one in 1/16 " and that takes 1/* off of the gap and the sixteenth will hardly be noticeable with the drawer front.

Since your kitchen is new - call your designer and find out what it is supposed to be for your brand.

Keep us posted...

cheri127 agradeció a Debbi Washburn
  • lisadlu16
    hace 6 años

I have Brookhaven in a flat/slab door style. I just measured and the gap is 1/8" between the doors.

cheri127 agradeció a lisadlu16
  • sofaspud
    hace 6 años
    did you try adjusting the hinges to close the gap and then see if it was liveable that the doors now don't line up with the drawers? as long as the adjustment leaves the offest on both sides the same, who's going to notice or care except you?
    cheri127 agradeció a sofaspud
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.