Houzz Logo Print
kay99999

Need advice on cabinet brands

Kay
hace 6 años

Does anyone have experience with Tedd Wood, Merillat Classic, Merillat Masterpiece, Wolf, Legacy Debut, Bernier, Hardwood Kitchens or Bridgewood Cabinetry kitchen cabinets? These are the only brands offered by the kitchen design center I'm working with. I've found a few reviews of Merillat, Wolf and Legacy, mostly negative, but I can't find anything at all about the others except that Bernier is a Canadian company. Thanks!

Comentarios (6)

• PRO
    DDS Design Services, LLC by Jeff Kida
    hace 6 años

You have a very wide variety there. If the dealer you are working with can't explain the differences to your satisfaction look for someone else to buy from.

• sushipup1
    hace 6 años

Check the Kitchens forum where there are lots of discussions about cabinets.

• PRO
    Luna Siding Roofing Inc.
    hace 6 años

I have found that almost every kitchen design center offers a verity of cabinets to accommodate almost every budget clients can have. Cabinets are a regional offering so although I have 30 plus years in the business I don't know all these brands. I have worked with Merillat Classic, and Bridgewood in the past. Never have I had call backs on either brand.

You should decide what your budget is, get the very design (work flow) for your home, and then narrow the selection down by those factors. Your final decision should be which do you love the most within your budget.

Another piece of advise based on experience. Most cabinet problems are from poor install methods, and or lack of maintenance from the homeowners. Remember a small problem is much easier to fix than a larger (broken door, etc) if it is dealt with early on.

Good luck with your project, and enjoy the finished kitchen

• Cathy Chappell
    hace 5 años

We recently installed the Legacy Debut Cabinets in our new home. We were told they were a mid-range quality cabinet. The stain on these cabinets is very poorly done. The fronts of the cabinet doors are plywood. We have end caps (sides of cabinets) that are a different wood. The hardware is very cheap, over half the doors and draws do not close properly. Very cheap cabinets and we are sure we were way over charged. We redid our previous home's kitchen 5 years ago and we were extremely happy with the cabinets we installed which were not from Legacy.

• kphelp
    hace 4 años

Hope you didn't go with Bridgewood! My beautiful knotty alder 'custom' cabinets came with all ugly, faux oak edge banding -- EVERY cabinet, EVERY reveal, EVERY under cabinet --- it is hideous and they won't fix it and claim to have done 'no wrong.' ---- shoddy.

• Kay
    Autor original
    hace 4 años

So sorry to hear about your disappointment. I ended up going to a different design center because I wasn't happy with the selection, and we installed StarMark cabinets. They're a little more expensive, but the quality is excellent and the company has been great to work with.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.