Houzz Logo Print
rake_722

Kitchen Colours - Floor tiles cabinets and worktops dilema

rake_722
hace 6 años

Dear all we are redesigning our kitchen and have selected the Clerkenwell contemporary gloss finish for the cabinet doors .

We are drawn to both the dove grey and the colours cannot settle on what colour floor tile to use either of the above

As far as floor tiles go we have selected 2 colours, one being taupe the other Nepal black which is a dark grey or anthracite colour.

we have brought a sample of the dove grey and a sample of the cashmere and put them to the tiles and just stare at them indecisivelily.

the taupe compliments the cashmere and the Nepal black contrasts strongly with the dove grey.

taupe and cashmere both warm

Nepal black and grey both cold

i jest can’t make a call on this and would welcome any advice or guidance.

some images of the doors and tiles follow

firstly the cashmere and dove grey then the tiles.

Then Our tiles

taupe

Black

Comentarios (24)

• rake_722
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Thanks for the reply here is a shot of dove on taupe in warm led light

• rake_722
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

And this is the dove grey in the black tile

• A S
    hace 6 años
    As asked above,I would look at the direction the kitchen is facing. If it's a North facing kitchen you may find that the cooler northern light with the grey units/tiles may be too gloomy in which case cashmere would work better as it would provide warmth. If the room is south facing, you can opt for either.
    rake_722 agradeció a A S
  • A S
    hace 6 años
    What worktop have you gone for?
  • rake_722
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Thanks all. I forgot to mention that the room is SE facing and gets decent light from the 2 perpendicular corner windows.

as for worktops - eeek not been there yet

• Juliet Docherty
    hace 6 años

I would definitely go for the taupe floor. If you can, photograph the worktop upright so it looks as it will.

rake_722 agradeció a Juliet Docherty
  • rake_722
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Thank you colourhappy I am inclined to agree. It’s warmer and more classy. The next puzzle is what worktop Color to go for. Probably light off white

• Juliet Docherty
    hace 6 años

I photographed all of the bits and pieces together in my kitchen and it really helped to narrow down my palette.

• PRO
    Walls to the floor
    hace 6 años
    Hi,
    please take a look at what we can offer you. Microcement is a seamless finish that's waterproof and durable. No grout lines!

Lots of colours and different effects can be attained.

www.wallstothefloor.co.uk

good luck!
  • rake_722
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
  • Carol Unsworth
    hace 6 años

Rake _722

I have exactly the same dilemma ! Been wandering around with two Howdens Fairford doors Dove Grey and Cashmere. I have chosen worktops for each Dove Grey - Itastone white Mirror Chip and Cashmere - Silestone Snowy Ibiza. I just cannot make a decision on Floor tiles to match either of my choices let alone decide between Cahmere or Dove Grey.

I'm absolutely useless with interior design and a kitchen refurb such a huge investment frightened of making a very expensive mistake. I'd appreciate if you could let me know if you've made any progress.

• rake_722
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Well we have come full circle from a dark floor to a light floor - Nepal Grey 75 x 75 floor tiles then dove grey doors and Wilsonart zenith manganese 12.5mm high pressure laminate worktops. Well hit the contrast on the worktop and splash back. Only decision left is wall colour

• Carol Unsworth
    hace 6 años
    many thanks rake_722. Love your choices. I'm thinking I may have to go with the Dove Grey doors as finding it so difficult to find a tile I like with the Cashmere. More shopping tomorrow I think !
  • rake_722
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Hey Carole I found that with the cashmere everything was just too pink hued. Whilst I like it’s warmth the grey offers more choice wrt to tile colours. My image above was in yellow light so doesn’t really show very well. May this one with 3 choices of zenith worktops is better

• Carol Unsworth
    hace 6 años
    I said exactly the same ....cashmere started to look pink the more I tried to find a matching tile hence move to dove grey You've inspired me to restart my search for a mid grey floor tile as we definitely want a light worktop. Best of luck finishing your project
  • rake_722
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Thank you carol, I found Nepal taupe and Nepal grey very nice tiles indeed. They are available on eBay from my local supplier.

• Carol Unsworth
    hace 6 años
    Thanks Rake just had a look on eBay. Is the seller Everton Glass ? If so very strange coincidence as I'm in Liverpool !
  • Cakelady
    hace 6 años
    Have you considered grey wood effect floor tiles? We have grey gloss units with these tiles http://www.tradepricetiles.co.uk/treverk-way-frassino-wood-effect-150-x-900mm/ They go well with grey units and are so easy to keep clean, they rarely show any dirt despite having kids and a dog. We have white diamond Silestone worktops, again really easy to keep clean and smear free.
  • Carol Unsworth
    hace 6 años
    Hi Cake lady thanks for your comment. I have considered the wood effect tiles. However the kitchen adjoins a hall which has an oak laminate floor. I'm concerned the two different types of wood will clash. what do you think? Good to know they're low maintenance. I'm steering well away from gloss tiles as spent years trying to keep black gloss tiles clean in our bathroom. Finally replaced last year !
  • Cakelady
    hace 6 años
    We have the grey wood effect tiles in the kitchen and hallway and the other rooms off the hallway are all oak wood effect and it all works well. Although all wood effect they're completely different colours. I think having 2 slightly different oak tones wouldn't work.
  • rake_722
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Carole - even more of a co incidence - I’m in Liverpool too. What are the chances ?

go and see the tiles in real life - I like them a lot. Very classy and high quality.

we also have oak in the hall so didn’t want to detract from the real wood with wood effect tiles. They may be fantastic but airing on the side of caution

• Carol Unsworth
    hace 6 años
    Rake , what an amazing coincidence. Been to Everton Glass today and Nepal are a strong contender. I'm just wondering if the matt finish will clean well and not stain with any greasy spills . Are you going to use a sealant with them ?
  • rake_722
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Hi Carol they are glazed so no issue with cleaning and no need to seal. Had a sample here so tested it

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.