Houzz Logo Print
germain_wong

stucco edge details - J channel?

Germain Wong
hace 6 años
I am really hoping you can tell us how you guys handed the stucco overlap to the window frame? Did you use a J channel? My stucco guy is saying he uses the "Home Depot" kind with the mesh in the edge, but I'm researching Fry Reglet's channel... big price difference so I'm at a dilemma.... our windows cost well into the six figures so I just want to make sure we get the details right! Love how your stucco edges are all clean and straight. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Comentarios (4)

• PRO
    Architects Magnus
    hace 6 años

Hi Germain - Thank you for writing. Light gauge metal or vinyl trim tends to move, so a straight line is difficult achieve. Instead, use a heavy gauge trim metal, such as stainless steel or Fry Metals’ aluminum J trim. The trim provides a straight line to float plaster to.

Please consult with your design professional to finalize the detail with you as there are many aspects to consider: Aesthetics, waterproofing, stucco expansion/contraction, etc. Best of luck with your project. - HM

• Germain Wong
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    Thank you HM for your response! The channel with the mesh at the end indeed looks flimsy (I think it's galvanized steel). The finish looks terrible too they were suggesting to spray paint it before installing it. The Fry aluminum channel (JPM-75-300) has a nicer finish and also comes in various powder coated colors.

Can you tel me which specific channel you guys use for your stucco? BTW, LOVE the stucco work. Amazing color.
  • Germain Wong
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

Dear HM -- many thanks again for your advice. We ended up using Fry Reglet's J channel! The result was really good! We used it for the wood siding part of the house, and will be using it for the stucco siding as well. I was disappointed with the stucco sample board they gave me, looks NOTHING like what I wanted (I wanted the look of your house).

Can you tell me what system you guys used? Was it the BASF Synergy system or another brand?

• PRO
    Architects Magnus
    hace 5 años

Hi Germain - Glad to hear the Fry metal worked out!

We used traditional 7/8" 3-coat exterior cement plaster with a custom tint. The product manufacturer was purchased by another and is no longer providing product. We are currently working with other suppliers: La Habra (Parex) and Omega Products.

As always, consult with your design professional to properly specify the finish. And, share pictures of your progress! Thanks - HM

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.