Houzz Logo Print
hugoboss61

Should we paint or stain the oak railing?

Rick Ewell
hace 10 años
I like the look of a darker hand railing and less oak. See this in a lot of designs lately. Should I leave the oak or update the look. And does one stain or paint over the oak?

Comentarios (10)

• Lynne Rose
    hace 10 años
    I would paint it black high gloss... I did that at my place.... It looks great
  • decoenthusiaste
    hace 10 años
    Here are some different combos to consider.
    Glen Renovation · Más información

New Old Farmhouse: Stairwell and Front Entry · Más información

My Houzz: A Basic Builder Home Gets the Glam Treatment · Más información

Traditional Staircase · Más información
  • Rick Ewell
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    thanks for a the comments - this helps. I am torn since I like the stain idea - keeping the grain and integrity of the wood...but I also like the high gloss dark espresso paint look.
  • tennischik
    hace 10 años
    Definitely go with the dark. I used the gel stain in cabernet and it worked wonderfully. Coupled that with a black paint I put on and wiped off lightly for a darker look. This way you only have to lightly sand instead of stripping.
  • Rick Ewell
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    On a scale of 1-10 (1 beasy easy, 10 extremely difficult) , how difficult is it to do this on a DIY project?
  • PRO
    Rockin' Fine Finish
    hace 10 años
    It will depend on your skills and what you want it to look like when you are done
  • twissel
    hace 10 años
    If you have the funds I would drop glass rakers in place of the balusters would look stunning and light
  • PRO
    Mary Hagan Real Estate
    hace 10 años
    The work is not hard... Just tedious and messy. With the detail work a gel stripper would be necessary with some detail tools. If you bring this picture to your hardware store they can help you pick the right one. If you have young kids or animals try to get them out of the house.
  • PRO
    Design 1 Kitchen & Bath
    hace 10 años
    We agree - a dark stain or would be gorgeous and provide a nice contrast.
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.