Houzz Logo Print
rajesh_shukla49

Missing Something ??? Experts please help!!!

RK
hace 6 años

Looking for feedback from a decorator point of view. Am i missing something in this area? or I could call it complete. Experts please advise if I should change something?

Comentarios (19)

• Godswood
    hace 6 años

I'd really like to have a glass of white with the girls in here. Looks warm, comfortable, stylish, cozy. . . I think it looks great. I would only change one thing, the mirror picking up all the light looks too bright and cold. I would prefer artwork in this space.

• DYH
    hace 6 años
    Última modificación: hace 6 años

Beautiful! Yes, I'd like to be invited to the wine party, too!

I'm no expert, but do you have two more drapery panels for the middle of the windows? If so, did you try four panels without tiebacks?

That's the only tweak that comes to mind. It's such a lovely and usable space.

I have to ask -- was this a dining room? It's a splendid repurpose, if it was.

• T Hill
    hace 6 años
    Beautiful! I like white please.
  • Elle
    hace 6 años

I would suggest removing the ties from the drapery panels, replacing the white shade on the hanging fixture with a slightly larger light taupe one, switching the coffee table decor with lighter items, and switching the square pillows for round ones.

• Sammie J
    hace 6 años

Nice! My thoughts are to remove the ties from the draperies (adding another panel on each side if possible) and swapping out the pillows for round ones with texture and a bit of the muted colors from the draperies, artwork, rug, and wall panels.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    hace 6 años

If anyone has been following the thread recently, I'd want some lamps! At least make sure there are dimmers on the existing lights. It's a lovely cozy sitting area, but brightly lit.

• SJ McCarthy
    hace 6 años

A third colour. Right now you are a whisker away from being complete. It is a stunning composition! But a little boring (colour wise). For me, the pale yellow pillows could be replaced by a stronger yellow or better yet a lime green. Done.

The tiny bit of green on the table (plant life) is telling me MORE green would REALLY work here. That's all I would do. Swap out the pale yellow pillows for a stronger colour (like lime or lemon). No need for a pattern. You have layered the space with different textures so very nicely. New pillow colour. That's all I would do.

• Olychick
    hace 6 años

It looks a little rigid to me, with things paired up and matching each other. I'd add a little personality by changing out the 4 identical pillows for some with some pattern/color that isn't so matchy matchy (not all identical). That little peek of teal or turquoise in the next room seems to be a great color to carry into this room.

+1 on letting the draperies hang loose. Maybe add a 3rd panel in the center between the windows. That would be 3 of something in the room.

Great choice on the shape of the coffee table.

• Emily Jowers
    hace 6 años

I agree on changing the lamp shade to something softer light a tan or taupe and the lights being dimmable. Round pillows would look excellent, but I don't think they're necessary. Really nice room!

• PRO
    DeCocco Design
    hace 6 años

I agree with so much that's been said! Lovely room--well done. Fluff up those curtains, raise the chandie up a bit (it could have been larger, but that's okay) and I'd ditch the matching pillows. If the chairs need pillows, I'd use a lumbar shape and each one would have a different personality. Just saw a website - www.society6.com mentioned somewhere. Great pillows at low prices. That's all I would do. Then start pouring that wine!

• PRO
    LaRochelle Interiors, LLC
    hace 6 años

Love the colors, but it's a bit dark for the size of the space I would have used a lighter shade on the upper wall to make the space look larger.

• zealart
    hace 6 años

It's overall very nice. Probably not something that you can change anymore, but I would have had two chairs and a nice 3 seater couch, instead of the chairs being all the same.

• lucidos
    hace 6 años

Change the "K" factor in the chandelier to a warmer color.

Flesh out the drapes to the end of the wall. There is no room to add anything to the back left wall. Fleshing out the drapes will allow the eye to flow.

Paper the cream square between the windows with the same silk paper. Being cream would be fine if you were to have 2 separate treatments but as you choose to do them as one the brown lends to the continuity.

I prefer the green pillows in here..and a hard patterned item on the coffee table.

• lovemrmewey
    hace 6 años

Annie, I was wondering if anyone else missed seeing lamps! I love this room, but lighting is a little bright and I would like lumbar pillows better. All in all, it is a great job you have done, very polished and professional! Wish I could see some of your other projects!

• Annie Deighnaugh
    hace 6 años

I'd swap the throw pillows for something with a little more pattern and texture and not matching. The formality is very strict, and I'd prefer a little ease or even humor to make it more personal.

• PRO
    Angelica Angeli ❤ Interior Design Journalist
    hace 6 años

It seems like you just need more panels of draperies and perhaps some softer lighting in the chandelier. Otherwise the room seems lovely.

• woodteam5
    hace 6 años

Nice, and like a lot have said before me, untie the drapes and more colorful pillows and yes, I like white too

• Ariana Kristine
    hace 6 años

Love the room; the geometric design you have looks really nice. The only thing I'd do is add more layers to your curtain. The tiebacks look great but they need more material. If you can I'd get rid of the blinds, too, since they take away from the artistic look you have going, but as long as you add more fabric to your curtains I think it will still look nice.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.