Houzz Logo Print
andrea1250

Vytex Window reviews

Andrea Hollinger
hace 6 años

Looking for reviews on vytex windows? In particular the potomac series window with Double pane glass.

How do they compare to the other well known brands?

i currently have single hung windows, what is the advantage of a double hung?

is foam inside the window an advantage? Is $590 per window a reasonable price including the installation of the window?

thank you

Andrea

Comentarios (11)

• PRO
    Window1
    hace 6 años
    Última modificación: hace 6 años

Vytex make a very good window, especially the Potomac. Its also a very nice looking window and made very well with some very good engineering features. Its one of my top choices.

as far as how it compares to other “ top brands”; im assuming you mean andersen and pella? Vytex beats those windows by a rather large margin in terms of performance/ energy efficiency ( much better air infiltration rating, higher structural rating, and a better Ufactor). There is really no comparison.

i always recommend double hung over single hung. Why? You can tilt both sashes in from the inside and clean opposed to only one sash with a single hung. Further, double hungs add more for resale value.

regarding foam in a window, you are referring to the actual window frame being insulated with foam. I do think its an advantage as it insulates the inside of the frame as well as add some structural integrity to the window.

as far as the price you were quoted, we really dont comment on pricing but your pricing seems good.

what area are you located in?

• Andrea Hollinger
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    Última modificación: hace 6 años

Thank you for your quick response. we also thought the vytex window was nice looking. We just needed validation on the quality. Its a large investment for us and we wanted a pro’s opinion. We want a good window that will last a long time.

We live about a half hour outside of Philadelphia pa.

thank you again !

• PRO
    Windows Direct USA of Cincinnati
    hace 6 años

Vytex has excellent products and the Potomac is a great window. It is a top performer and just got better looking. They have now added a decorative sash/trim that will add more detail similar to their Fortis model but with the krypton/argon blend and 1" glass that is standard on that product puts it as one of the best products out there.

• kekavanagh
    hace 5 años
    Última modificación: hace 5 años

Hi Andrea, curious whether or not you ended up going with the Vytex window? We are in the process of selecting replacement windows and have narrowed it down to the Vytex Potomac with SDL and Marvin Integrity with SDL (trying to stay as close to appearance of our original wood double hung windows). Thx.

• PRO
    toddinmn
    hace 5 años

Odd pair of windows to replicate the look.

• kekavanagh
    hace 5 años

Of all the vinyl and/or fiberglass windows I’ve looked at these two seemed to be slightly better aesthetically. My initial thought was to renovate our existing wood windows (which my husband is not onboard with).

toddinmn, other suggestions?

• PRO
    toddinmn
    hace 5 años

Marvin Ultimates have that classic look. Nothing wrong with your choice it’s just that each has a different look and neither has that Nostalgic look.

• kekavanagh
    hace 5 años

Thanks! Will contact the company who gave us the Integrity quote and ask them to provide quote for Ultimates.

• PRO
    toddinmn
    hace 5 años

You might get sticker shock!

have you looked at any of these windows in person?

• kekavanagh
    hace 5 años

Thanks for the heads-up. Found out that the replacement windows I like so much in a neighbor’s house are the Ultimates. Waiting for the revised quote which should come in later today.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.