Houzz Logo Print
radharaghunath

Mitsubishi or Daikin

radharaghunath
hace 6 años
última modificación:hace 6 años

Which ducted unit is better for our new home in Melbourne? We say daikon but builder says Mitsubishi is equally good at cheaper price. No compromise on quality. Please give feedback. Thanks.

Comentarios (7)

• radharaghunath
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Thanks Tran.

• PRO
    Frank Ansell
    hace 6 años

First thing: There are actually two Mitsubishi brands, and they both make air conditioning systems! Mitsubishi Electric, and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries. Confusingly, they both have the same diamond logo. It's to do with the history of the company and how the original corporation was broken up after World War 2.

In residential aircon systems, Mitsubishi Electric are the more common and better quality brand. So it pays to check which Mitsubishi you're talking about first.

Second thing: In my career as an engineering consultant, our preferred brands were Daikin and Mitsubishi Electric. We would specify either, and regarded them as equally good quality.

Anecdotally, I've heard from some aircon installers/service techs that Mitsubishi Electric are easier to maintain, whereas Daikin can be fiddly to work with.

So the short answer is, I would have no qualms about recommending Mitsubishi Electric. They should be just as good as a Daikin equivalent, and possibly even easier to maintain.

• radharaghunath
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Thanks for your feedback. Much appreciated.

• PRO
    Wallaby Home
    hace 6 años

Hi, we've used Daikin air conditioning for the last 3-4 years and it is effective and reliable.

• radharaghunath
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Thank you for your feedback.

• PRO
    Alpha and Omega Airconditioning services
    hace 6 años

Daikin is Australia's no.1 air and worldwide. As a dealer in Sydney, I can say that Daikin units are reliable, efficient and quiet. Daikin do backup with very good service. I recommend go through your local Daikin dealer as they are highly trained on the Daikin products or going onto the Daikin website and finding your local dealer on there.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.