Houzz Logo Print
sonurishee

TV above fireplace ? Yes/ No

sonurishee
hace 6 años

We have a very narrow family room. Currently I have the TV mounted on the wall across the dinning/kitchen space. It works well for me and my husband.. but when we have guest this space gets crowded. I am contemplating if I should mount the TV on the wall above the fire place ..it will give us more room for entertaining guests. But I am not quite sure, if that will give us optimal viewing angle. Any advice?

Comentarios (17)

• PRO
    Niche Interiors
    hace 6 años

No TV above fireplace! I love a great piece of art styled with different height vases and some branches. See below for some inspiration photos. Good luck!

sonurishee agradeció a Niche Interiors
  • PRO
    Carolina Kitchen & Bath
    hace 6 años

I think you'd end up craning your neck and ruining your eyes trying to watch. That's not to mention that you sacrifice a place to feature some amazing piece of artwork. No.

sonurishee agradeció a Carolina Kitchen & Bath
  • yvonnecmartin
    hace 6 años

In my opinion, when you have guests, the TV should be off. The only exception would be a special big game or Oscar's party.

sonurishee agradeció a yvonnecmartin
  • PRO
    FreshCoat Painters Sarasota/Manatee
    hace 6 años

Normally I'd say no, but with the angle of the fireplace it would be great for the people in the kitchen!

sonurishee agradeció a FreshCoat Painters Sarasota/Manatee
  • auntthelma
    hace 6 años

I think I'd have the TV next to the fireplace and the sofa on the opposite wall. But I can't see the opposite wall. Can you show us?

(I like to see the TV from the kitchen. So I'm putting my own preferences here.)

sonurishee agradeció a auntthelma
  • PRO
    Attaway Homes
    hace 6 años

I have not seen many TV's mounted above fireplaces that have looked nice and also been functional for optimal viewing.

• K Laurence
    hace 6 años
    Última modificación: hace 6 años

No, not if there is another option, it’s usually bad both aesthetically and ergomically. And, just curious, how often is the television on when guests are there? Mine is always turned off when guests are in our home, but we’re not sports watchers in our home so maybe that accounts for the television being on.

• PRO
    Pearl Remodeling
    hace 6 años
    Última modificación: hace 6 años

Hi! I recommend placing your TV where you would use it most on an everyday basis,and where its most comfortable. What about getting a swivel mount for your TV so you can adjust the angle to wherever your guests are sitting?

• Banjo Hughes
    hace 6 años
    The cleanest house I’ve ever seen.
  • Megan H.
    hace 6 años

No. The area just doesn't seem to work. I think some nice art work would be nice though.

• PRO
    Crespo Design Group
    hace 6 años

Is there anyway you can share more pictures of the space? It doesn't seem like the TV above the fireplace would work well in this space but we would want to see the wall opposite the sofa to make sure there isn't another place for the TV to go. It can work in some designs, as you can see in ours below:

• PRO
    J Design Group - Interior Designers Miami - Modern
    hace 6 años

I would like to see the other wall. The wall in front of the sofa.

J Design Group | Interior Design company in Miami, FL
    225 Malaga Ave
    Coral Gables, FL 33134
    Ph: 305-444-4611
    https://www.JDesignGroup.com

• tresmamma
    hace 6 años

I personally really like a tv above a fireplace. We have it and it works great for us! I am unsure if it would work in your case due to the angle of your fireplace. More pictures would help. And also, to entertain more people, you may need some more seating than that couch ;).

• Emilie Bova
    hace 9 meses

Swivel mount above the fireplace.

• Chayala Charnas
    hace 7 meses

No TV

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.