Houzz Logo Print
stephhens

Help with family room rug.

stephhens
hace 6 años
This is the 5th rug I have purchased. Not sure where to place the rug under the sectional. Also should I keep the rug or keep looking. Help.

Comentarios (23)

• PRO
    Brenda M. Miller Designer of Interior Spaces
    hace 6 años

You need to keep the defined space beside the door for the walkway- You could pull it out just to the door trim:)

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    hace 6 años

i would pull the rug out a bit and not line it up with the edge of the sectional. I would also consider replacing the table with nesting tables that might fit the needs of those sitting on the sectional.

• natesg
    hace 6 años

Keep it, it looks nice in your room. It just needs to move out as shown above.

• PRO
    JudyG Designs
    hace 6 años

Agree, rug looks great but needs to be pulled out as others have suggested.

• JustDoIt
    hace 6 años

I really like it.

• PRO
    Luxe Property Staging
    hace 6 años

I like it as well but for sure pull out farther.

• decoenthusiaste
    hace 6 años

I like them to slip under the front 1/3 of the seats and extend past the ends by a foot or so.

• chispa
    hace 6 años

Much better. I would pull it out even more, up to that next grout line, but I can't see what you have on the right side of the room.

• Olychick
    hace 6 años

yes, try it to the next grout line. It shouldn't interfere with the door and it will fill that space a bit more. It looks wonderful with your furniture!

• PRO
    RugKnots | Area Rugs
    hace 6 años

It does look much better pulled out. I like that you lined it up with the doorway.

• stephhens
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    Here is a picture of the whole room. I’m worried if I pull the rug out further it will be too far out into the walkway. What do you all think?
  • Yayagal
    hace 6 años
    Última modificación: hace 6 años

I'd leave it the way you placed it, I see what you mean. What a nice view and pretty room.

• chispa
    hace 6 años

Stephhens, you are right, that is as far as you can go due to the hearth taking up some of the walkway.

• Olychick
    hace 6 años

Yes, it's as far as you can go. It looks great!

• PRO
    Luxe Property Staging
    hace 6 años

I found this to show you for toss cushion ideas for proper measurements. Would be nice to see a larger size in corner.

• cliff_and_joann
    hace 6 años

Pretty rug and room...I agree with chispa, pull it out to the next grout line

and take another pic. Looks to me there will still be enough room to walk

through without walking on the rug. How big are those tiles 18"?

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    hace 6 años

The pillows look tired on that lovely couch. Find something that has more texture and bulk, and also larger as suggested. I'm afraid the coffee table doesn't do justice to the furniture and rug. I would find one made of glass and metal, with a lower level for added storage room. You can still put your feet on it; we've been doing it for years without any damage. The one you have also looks very narrow in relation to the furniture.

• rebeccamomof123
    hace 6 años

Love the rug, it's a perfect complement to your space. The second attempt is a perfect placement IMO. Any further and you've created too narrow a space from the door and hearth. I also like the mirror and wreath on the sofa wall and what a cute spot for the clock, above the fireplace. Nicely done!

I like the round nesting tables that Beverly suggested, and agree with the pillow suggestions too.

• stephhens
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    Thank you all for your advice. I am currently looking for pillows and will keep my eye out for a different coffee table. Any suggestions on pillows?
  • PRO
    Bayberry Cottage
    hace 6 años

It looks much better with the rug pulled out some. It looks like you have a very nice space as well.

• RNmomof2 zone 5
    hace 6 años

Pretty rug. Care to share where you found it? I've been looking myself.

• stephhens
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    Thank you! I purchased this rug from RC Wiley in California. I know they have a website if your not in the area.
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.