Houzz Logo Print
khaik3

should we do brick columns and hedge?

K. HC
hace 6 años
Putting the finishing touch on our front yard. We are trying to achieve some privacy from our neighbors across the street.
We are doing wide pavers up to the house and were considering putting in a hedge and gate closer to the street (as in the picture with the house with the red roof). We would paint the brick the same color as the brick apron.
Thoughts?

Comentarios (11)

• PRO
    Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
    hace 6 años

What you are planning in gaps? Gravel, grass?

• Kim in PL (SoCal zone 10/Sunset 24)
    hace 6 años

Very uppy-downy to walk with those huge gaps between pavers. Your red-roof photo example shows perhaps 2 inches between pavers at most. Hope you haven't poured yet!

• hummingalong2
    hace 6 años
    Those gaps are going to be like a game of hopscotch!
  • Stacey
    hace 6 años
    Gorgeous home. It would be stunning with grass in between the pacers. Love the brick columns and hedge idea.
  • acm
    hace 6 años

I don't really see the point of the hedge and gate -- if 18" tall, it's not providing privacy, and you're adding upkeep and a hassle for anybody coming in with a package. You must already be 50 yards from the houses across the street -- are you trying to avoid interacting with them at all?

• chickadee70
    hace 6 años

Now that you have all of that digging done and your forms built, It seems that your pavers are too far apart and for the length of yard to cover, I would put a curve or two into that walkway-way too rigid looking straight. Also, don't think you need the longer spans at all (three across, larger doubles). IMHO. But you didn't ask about those! Love the gate and hedge and columns! You have a very nice home!

• Reggie Saxton
    hace 6 años
    Your 6 over 3 home is more of a colonial than the red roofed home; the wide columns may not be a symmetric may match with the pillars on your porch. Instead, maybe a short 4x4 post and cap entry hate with picket fence in white would be a good look instead. The pics below are examples. I agree with others that the wide pavers are not ideal. The walk way should be natural, relaxed and flow with a person's normal step ...the way it's laid it creates a bit of confusion on how to step along the path. Good luck with your project!
  • PRO
    Susan Friedman Landscape Architecture
    hace 6 años

Good dimension between pavers is about 6" to make it easier to walk. Other than that, it's a nice layout. However it's somewhat of a casual layout, so a straight hedge or wall may be out of character. Think about informal planting bed layout with some curves and multi level shrub masses, groundcovers and taller accents for framing and visual pop.

• PRO
    Dig Doug's Designs
    hace 6 años
    Última modificación: hace 6 años

This what your walk spacing will look like.....a bit too far apart if you do not want to walk in the grass.

I think this spacing will work better for you. Disregard paving choice shown,,,it could be many things.

• gtcircus
    hace 6 años
    What a nightmare to maintain and I'm sorry this looks like a broken ankle waiting to happen. Can you imagine trying to walk up to that house in heels, bad, bad concept.
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.