andrew_friar

Help! Roof color choice :-)

Andrew Fryer
21 de Noviembre de 2017
última modificación:21 de Noviembre de 2017

I am doing a roof replacement with CertainTeed Landmark or Landmark Pro Arch. shingles. I've looked at a couple of colors and wondering if anything other than plain "black" would be a better choice. I'm going to have to make a decision quickly and hope to get some additional "eyes" before I do. Some of the colors I've seen are:

1. Heather Blend

2. Driftwood

3. Weathered wood

4. Moire Black

5. Charcoal black.

Thanks!

Comentarios (6)

• mydogmiddy
    I would choose 4 or 5. Drive around your neighborhood or an area with new houses like yours to get an idea of what the other colors might look like.
    Andrew Fryer agradeció a mydogmiddy
  • Denita

What actual color is your brick - pink like the second pic or more orange like the 3rd?

I would get a sample of 2 and 3 and 4 to see which looks better with your brick so you know what it will look like. To me, Weathered Wood is a good choice with your existing colors but you need to have a sample in hand to see how it looks. This color above is the CertainTeed Landmark Weathered Wood as shown on my computer monitor. Best to have it in person.

This pic below is of the Driftwood color from CertainTeed Landmark. Very similar to Weathered Wood. I'm sure the color difference would show up (more pronounced) if you have the samples.

Andrew Fryer agradeció a Denita
  • Andrew Fryer

Thanks Danita. I just took another picture that is more accurate. it's a pinkish brick, but the mortar has a little color to it.

• PRO
    Lori A. Sawaya

I've looked at a couple of colors and wondering if anything other than plain "black" would be a better choice

Nope. That's the best choice.

Andrew Fryer agradeció a Lori A. Sawaya
  • PRO
    Arrowhead Building Supply, Inc

We noticed that CertainTeed's Thunderstorm Grey has the dark gray to black that your home shines with, but also blends in some later shades to provide nice texture and visual interest. That would be an option to consider. Good luck!

Andrew Fryer agradeció a Arrowhead Building Supply, Inc
  • PRO
    Design Everest

Most likely 4 or 5 will work, but do get samples to make sure you will like it first.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Al continuar en este sitio o utilizar esta aplicación, acepto que el grupo Houzz pueda utilizar cookies y tecnologías similares para mejorar sus productos y servicios, ofrecerme contenido relevante y personalizar mi experiencia. Saber más.