Houzz Logo Print
smyers00

Help! Busy backsplash

sm m
hace 6 años
I want to replace the current backsplash because it’s too busy with the Venetian Gold granite. Would this 4x12 ( white) tile look good? If not, what do you suggest? I like a Transitional- Contemporary look.

Comentarios (11)

• acm
    hace 6 años

Are you keeping the part above the sink or getting rid of all of it?

• sm m
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    Getting rid of the part above sink as well
  • Gina P
    hace 6 años
    Hard to tell by the picture but whites are hard to match and being that your cabinets are an off white the tile may make your cabinets appear dirty or yellow. I’ve attached 2 pics of backsplashes using travertine. Depending on the size and shape of the tile it. An go traditional or transitional.
  • sm m
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    The cabinets are BM Classic Grey which actually look white in person. I do like your suggestions so I will get some samples. Thank you!!
  • Peter Roehrich
    hace 6 años
    Ok, I love marble in 4x12, especially stacked set (as opposed to brick set).
  • Peter Roehrich
    hace 6 años
    Oops, that's to say I love white marble. Glass would also look good!
  • PRO
    Ellsworth Design Build
    hace 6 años
    With busy granite I think a plain tile is best. The white you have selected is nice and whites don’t have to match as long as they look coordinated.
  • PRO
    Acassa Construction Corporation
    hace 6 años
    I agree with Dina P that a travertine would look the best, whether monochromatic or mixed (as in pic), or pick a hue from the granite itself and try to match it with a rectangular glass tile for a more transitional look.
  • sm m
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    I have not been able to figure out how to respond individually to say thank you so I’m writing one big thank you to all of you! I appreciate your advice and thanks for taking the time to help me out.
  • Porter Edun
    hace 6 años

Another option might be Crema Marfil tile.... you can google it and see what it looks like. It pairs well with the counter.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.