Houzz Logo Print
geoff_garcia29

Maximizing guest seating in a narrow living room

Geoff Garcia
hace 6 años
última modificación:hace 6 años

Hi everyone, long time listener, first time caller! My wife and I recently purchased a 1 br/1ba condo with a long and narrow living room which flows into a dining and kitchen area. Our challenge is that when we have company over and want to relax, the L shaped couch/chaise doesn't maximize our space The goal would be a seating arrangement that could comfortably fit 4 adults. The plants and couch are going to a new home, which leaves us the space outlined in red which is around 9' x 11'. We are open to any possibilities (regular couches, love seats, sections, chairs, etc.) and would very much appreciate any suggestions! The only limitation is a need to keep the dining table and TV in the locations they are in. Thoughts?

Comentarios (11)

• havingfun
    hace 6 años

i would do a standard sofa and then a chair on either side. if you would like more room in there, i might be able to help, can i have a pic looking towards the kitchen?

Geoff Garcia agradeció a havingfun
  • PRO
    JudyG Designs
    hace 6 años
    Última modificación: hace 6 años

Four swivel chairs….in your case an ottoman with tray, instead of a traditional coffee table,so you can put your feet up.

Geoff Garcia agradeció a JudyG Designs
  • havingfun
    hace 6 años

i don't see the space for that?

• PRO
    User
    hace 6 años

I like the idea of a square shaped sectional. Less arms in a small space visually opens it up and keeps it from becoming too cluttered. You can finish the right end off with a small accent table and floor lamp. I pulled this together to help.

Geoff Garcia agradeció a User
  • Geoff Garcia
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    Última modificación: hace 6 años

Thanks for the great ideas!

I added a pic to the original post looking back toward the kitchen and have been playing around on an online simulator thinger and came up with these for a 2 chairs & couch. option and one with a sectional 103"x127", and another at 103"x103"
    (would want a wedge corner). The 4 chair idea would be a challenge as we sometimes have couch surfers, but I love that look too!

• decoenthusiaste
    hace 6 años

A 3-seat sofa on the wall and two swivel chairs floating between it and the TV. They can turn to watch or to converse.Save floor space with "C" tables instead of coffee table. Large art above sofa and in dining area too.

• eld6161
    hace 6 años

I agree with Deco, to use the sofa and two swivel club chairs. Try to get the sofa as streamlined as possible.

I like sectionals, but for a family room. This is your only entertaining space and I don't like the idea of guests lined up on a sectional for conversation.

• kitykat
    hace 6 años

YES to sofa and two swivel chairs!

• havingfun
    hace 6 años

I am glad that works for you. I do have an idea if you wish to have some more space.

you see you take a table that slides partially under your island. most of the time you can slide out a little ways for just you to sit at yet it can provide space for a much larger dinner party when needed. if energetic you can even haul in front of tv or window. or the fireplace for a cozy holiday.

• smallspacedesigner
    hace 6 años

You should maybe think about using a pouf with a tray on top instead of an actual coffee table and you can use it as extra seating if needed!

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.