Houzz Logo Print
jodi_goy

Help! Tv placement near our back door

Jodi Goy
hace 6 años
Hi everyone! My living room off of the kitchen is a bit small and it leads to the back yard and garage. We use it a lot to enter and exit the house. Our flat screen tv is currently on the wall right next to the door. We don't want to mount it over the fireplace because it will be impossible to watch but are also not in love with it being right next to our exit. Can any suggest a good way to make this functional and look nice by our back door? There seem to be 0 examples of what to do in this situation. Thanks so much!

Comentarios (9)

• Jodi Goy
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    Whoops here are photos
  • PRO
    User
    hace 6 años
    Última modificación: hace 6 años

Hi Jodi,

It looks like you might have some room to the left of the fireplace that could accommodate it. If you do, try pulling the sofa so that it faces the fireplace and the TV, creating a walkway behind the sofa for your back door. You may have to use only 2 of your bunching cocktail tables but it looks like it could work. If the TV fits, it looks like there may be a similar opening on the right side of the fireplace as well. I would purchase two matching closed cabinets or do a built in. This photo is a much larger space, but the concept is there. Good luck!

• PRO
    User
    hace 6 años

Our Ming Small Media Cabinet tends to work for these tight spaces at 40"w x 18"d.

Blending the color into the walls will help it form being too cluttered. You can mount your TV on an articulating arm on the wall that will pull out and angle if necessary.

• Jodi Goy
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    Thanks for your advice! Our couch is unfortunately too deep to face the fireplace and still allow a good walkway from the door. I wish we could do that though. Any other thoughts?
  • PRO
    User
    hace 6 años

Too bad! That is a deep sofa! If you can't replace the sofa I would probably keep the TV where it is then, upgrade your TV cabinet and add a chair in the corner to soften the look. If you can move the food bowl and used an enclosed cabinet it will finish off better by the door. Get a nice large piece of art above the fireplace and you have a lovely space.

• tatts
    hace 6 años

I'd mount the TV on the wall, possibly a bit higher. Then, get a regular bookcase for under it, with enough shelves for everything you need there. Possibly get a shelf unit that's low, to go across the wall under the right-side window.

• Jodi Goy
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Thank you all for the suggestions! What kind of chair would you recommend for the space? Would you do two or just one? I am looking for media cabinets now- any suggestions there would be welcome as well!

• PRO
    User
    hace 6 años

Hi Jodi,

Glad we have helped! I see a guitar in the corner, maybe a chair with low arms to make playing comfortable. Your style looks traditional with some clean lines. I think the Ming cabinet I posted earlier could be a nice options still, you can get it in other colors as well. Our Brant Chair could also be a good look (your choice in custom fabrics and finishes). 2 chairs will probably be overkill. I would place 1 accent chair with some interest, media cabinet and a floor lamp for reading and call it a day. Don't forget that wall above the fireplace though!

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.