Houzz Logo Print
the_cheshire_garden_design_studio

Which Style of Garden Would YOU Choose?

At The Cheshire Garden we are super interested in how gardens differ culturally from country to country.

Dutch inspired garden design for instance is a prime example!

On one side of the spectrum, dutch garden design can be thought of as ordered, modern motifs - contemporary rectangular pools, with contemporary lighting and planting, bringing the outdoor in.

The garden designer Martin Veltkamp's work is a prime example of this:

On the other side of the scale, designers such as Piet Oudolf, focus on prairie style planting, using a more wild and rustic approach with curved planting and free flowing style:

We absolutely love them both! We'd love to know your ideas and preferences.. What do you think to each style? Which would work best for you?

Number One?
Number Two?
Other?

Comentarios (10)

• PRO
    GreenlinesDesign Ltd
    hace 6 años

I like both and in our designs we at GreenlinesDesign Ltd actually use both styles. The contemporary landscaping model for the structure and then the wild prairie style planting to soften the hardscaping which works wonderful.

The Cheshire Garden Design Studio agradeció a GreenlinesDesign Ltd
  • PRO
    The Cheshire Garden Design Studio
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Totally agree.

• Bebe Price
    hace 6 años

I really like the style of both gardens, though if pushed I would definitely go for Prairie style!

The Cheshire Garden Design Studio agradeció a Bebe Price
  • AMB
    hace 6 años
    I like both but voted for number 1 as it is the more achievable and realistic garden style for the UK. In an ideal world I would have both!
    The Cheshire Garden Design Studio agradeció a AMB
  • PRO
    The Cheshire Garden Design Studio
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Yes, of course it all depends on the garden's location and its size. I am working on a design for a large garden in the country which incorporates both. I will upload photos of it when finished.

• PRO
    User
    hace 6 años

Both are great and as The Cheshire Garden said it depends on location and size, but forgetting those two I go for the first one. It's just a perfect place to relax for me, seems secluded and quiet, ideal garden.

The Cheshire Garden Design Studio agradeció a User
  • PRO
    Homebits
    hace 6 años

We have a selection of designer items perfect for your garden, from bird feeders to stainless steel torches! View them here: https://www.homebits.co.uk/garden-c102x3303816

Blomus- Hurricane Lamp · Más información

The Cheshire Garden Design Studio agradeció a Homebits
  • PRO
    AndLand: the garden creators
    hace 6 años

Both are stunning.

The Cheshire Garden Design Studio agradeció a AndLand: the garden creators
  • Shahan Abayakoon
    hace 6 años

Definitely number 1

The Cheshire Garden Design Studio agradeció a Shahan Abayakoon
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.