Houzz Logo Print
_holland_

Exterior Light- please vote

_ Holland_
hace 6 años

We are considering adding new lights to exterior, that are more prominent. There are (3) exterior lights (note - one next to service door on side).

What do you think of these?

Option 1: 15" tall, white (opalescent) glass:

Option 2: 15" tall, etched seedy glass

option 1 - white opalescent glass
option 2 - etched, seedy glass
option 3 - other (please suggest)

Comentarios (10)

• _ Holland_
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

• Maria Privat
    hace 6 años

Like em both, but the second one has a bit more substance, so I picked that one.

• PRO
    STUDconstruction
    hace 6 años

If you were planning on changing your exterior facade to a bit more modern look I'd go with the first. I agree with Attaway regarding the way the second fits the current style better. Good Luck!

• PRO
    Gerety Building and Restoration
    hace 6 años

I definitely like the 2nd choice. It fits your style home better.

_ Holland_ agradeció a Gerety Building and Restoration
  • _ Holland_
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    Última modificación: hace 6 años

Thank you, everyone! We ordered the second option for the (2) front lights.

---

We are thinking maybe something different for the service entrance... to make it feel more functional, and less dressy. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Something minimal.

What do you think of this idea? good or bad, or wrong direction?

http://www.lampsplus.com/products/possini-euro-xane-bronze-dark-sky-11-inch-wide-wall-sconce__p5936.html

https://www.allmodern.com/WAC-Lighting-Elstone-1-Light-Outdoor-Flush-Mount-WAC8452.html

https://www.allmodern.com/Fergus-1-Light-Outdoor-Flush-Mount-PXC2413.html

other ideas?

• Maria Privat
    hace 6 años

Hello Holland,

No. Why would you pick something else for the door on the side? I looked up all three and I don't think they match well enough. The first one has this diagonal look to it. The second one is worse being rounded. The third one is very boxy and rather intrusive. Of all three the first one was the least bad. Still not good though in my opinion.

Why do you call it service entrance? You have a special entrance for servants? You and your family do not use that door? Sounds colonial to me. In Europe we got rid of those wordings. (I'm from Holland by the way...)

The lamp you picked out for the two sides of the garage doesn't seem to 'fancy' to be used around the corner for the door there too. So I would buy exactly the same lamp for that door too. Or otherwise keep on searching for a bit better match in style.

• _ Holland_
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Thanks, Maria. I understand, just brainstorming.

How about something like this? Something sculptural, and decorative maybe, but different than the front. I am open to ideas.

*Garage "service door"- because that's what it is. (to differentiate between the "overhead door")

**(edit) My last name is Holland

• _ Holland_
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

would it be better to add a smaller version of the same lamp (as used on front of garage) for side garage door?

• _ Holland_
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

We chose "option 2". thank you everyone for your input, it was very helpful !!

On the garage "side" door, we chose the same lamp, but the smaller version (sorry for the not-great photo).

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.