Houzz Logo Print
laurabethmsw

Species

Laura Clardy
hace 6 años
What type of wood for the cabinets? What about the trim, same wood? If not, how did you match the stain so perfectly on both. I have similar cabinets that will run right into the trim. But I don't want to use expensive trim wood all through my house to match the higher grade cabinets.
LaGrange Craftsman · Más información

Comentario (1)

• PRO
    Briggs Design Associates, Inc.
    hace 6 años

The cabinets in this historic home are white oak. Yes, all the trim matches the cabinets, not only the wood species, but most of the oak is from the same supplier. My cabinet maker milled all the decorative crown mouldings and shipped the same custom stain for the flat board that the contractor supplied and then stained on site. There is such a variation within the same species of wood it can be difficult to have the same stain color remain consistent even in one board. Each species of wood takes stain differently than an other. If you have nicely finished cabinets, I do recommend either staying with the same trim around the room, or going dramatically differently like a painted trim. You want to not detract from the better quality with something that might miss the mark.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.