Houzz Logo Print
sim_scott

Cambria at Costco

simstress
hace 6 años
No question. FYI my local Costco had a Cambria display with a rep in the middle of the store. I didn't talk to them as I'm not in the market. Knowing Costco, there's some perk or discount there.

Comentarios (51)

• Hockeymom84
    hace 6 años

Maybe add it to the deals and steals thread. It is around here somewhere. Costco is my favorite store. Everyone should do their due diligence regardless of source.

spend, spend, spend seems to be the "pro's" main recommendations here.

• Laurie Schrader
    hace 6 años
    Última modificación: hace 6 años

Remember- it isn't just about cool material. Also about perfect design. That includes- is the slab enough for your home needs? Are you looking at slabs or pieces? How will that fit into your space? What will the seams look like? How will they be handled? What will your edges be? What cm thickness are you getting?

And then perfect install. Takes skill, and hopefully anybody who buys from Costco understands they need it all. Important, and it costs.

• PRO
    ReMax - Lisa
    hace 6 años
    From my knowledge of Cambria, they only let their own people do installs, trained by them to their exacting standards. I was super impressed by the installers when they did ours a few years back. I'm sure that will be the case with Costco/Cambria partnership too
  • granite guru
    hace 6 años
    Costco deal isn't with Cambria it's with a fabricator. They choose a fabricator to represent their stores within a certain territory when the call comes in to Costco they start the purchase order then hand it over to the fabricator who sends a sales rep to the home owner to sell them what ever product they please. It could be Cambria, silestone, ceaserstone or granite. At any time the reps can go to the store and set up a booth to boost sales of a particular brand (which ever is to the fabricators advantage). The pricing will depend on what you take just as if you buy it at Home Depot. Only Costco doesn't have a massive markup on the fabricators price and they usually have rewards like cash backs to go with it. The fabricator takes it through to install then Costco closes the purchase order with the home owner and any warranty issues go just as I said in reverse. My opinion, Costco is a great way to purchase quality product and quality craftsmanship at a very good price with all the perks of a Costco membership.
  • Islandgirl
    hace 6 años
    We recently bought Cambria through Costco and were very satisfied. We went to the Cambria showroom to see large samples, then placed the order through Costco. Costco works with an authorized Cambria representative who came to our house to measure. A Cambria team came to install the stone when it was ready. The whole experience was very professional. Plus we got a cash back coupon from Costco. We love our new Cambria counters and the warranty that comes with it.
  • PRO
    Byrd's Nest Interiors
    hace 6 años

How much did you spend on 1 slab from Cambria? Which slabs did you purchase?

• Islandgirl
    hace 6 años

We spent about $7,500 CAD for Cambria Fairbourne. Includes installation, travel to our rural location and a Costco rebate. An investment but we love it.

• PRO
    Byrd's Nest Interiors
    hace 6 años

Oh it looks beautiful! I love your backsplash! Do you know what your backsplash is? Where it is from?

• Islandgirl
    hace 6 años

Thank you Byrd's Nest. They are Cotswold tiles in aqua, by Natucer. Made in Spain.

• PRO
    Carolina Kitchen & Bath
    hace 6 años

Whether costco does a good job at this really depends on who they have behind the counter. If it's a guy filling in from the appliance department, I'd run for the hills.

Ask how long the person who's selling you has done this and who their fabricator is. The big-box home improvement stores all sub this out to local fabricators and that's probably what costco does. If they won't tell you or don't know, don't do business with them.

• information_all_tops
    hace 6 años

GRANITE GURU: the deal is with Cambria Quartz, Cambria reaches out to its best fabricators to be apart of this program. Costco and Cambria cant afford bad press so they ensure to vet the fabricators. Cambria is the only stone allowed to be sold in Costco now. Costco only wants the best stone in the world and that is Cambria Quartz made in the USA. If anyone has questions please let me know. 30 years in the industry.

• granite guru
    hace 6 años
    I won’t speak for the Costco stores out of my territory but I can tell you for a fact that you can buy what ever the fabricator is selling through Costco. Let’s just say that a friend of a friend of mine is at this moment fabricating 2 kitchens for Costco one fresh concrete ceaserstone and the other Dekton domoos. One thing I will say you are right about is Cambria is a better quality quartz than other brands ( I’ve said it before on other threads several occasions). Any one who disagrees is because they haven’t had the opportunity to fabricate Cambria themselves and compare the way it’s finish is against others like Ceaserstone and Silestone.
  • yatete
    hace 6 años
    Última modificación: hace 6 años

As of 2017-2018, Costco has an exclusive partnership with Cambria Quartz. Only Cambria Quartz can be purchased through Costco. Costco used to be with DuPont Zodiaq, however, discontinued their relationship with DuPont and partnered with Cambria Quartz instead. Cambria is the highest quality and best quartz stone today hands down. They are based out of Minnesota (CEO is one of the wealthiest families in America) and are the ONLY family owned, American quartz manufacturer. Their MN manufacturing facility is mind-blowing. Their quartz is mined in North America/Canada. Silestone and Caesarstone do not compare (even though they say they are 93% quartz and use Breton technology, however, you can still clearly see the difference in the crystals when putting 2 samples aside). Cambria is much shinier and they are the leader in the industry. All other quartz stone is imported and they try to mimic Cambria. You can ask any fabricator and they all love Cambria (because it is so durable and resistant to cracking). There are many shady so-called "quartz" brands coming out of China which aren't even quartz. They are 40-50% quartz and the other 50% is fillers and junk. Yet, they call themselves "quartz". From what I've heard the NSI is working to introduce a legal definition of what can be considered "quartz" - must be at least 93% quartz content. Yes Costco does have an exclusive partner/fabricator do the work (in each region), however Costco/Cambria only partners with the finest fabricators and secures the job. Costco as the contractor has a special bond in California, that is why they take full payment upfront. If the fabricator were to go out of business, Costco will step in and do whatever they need to finish the job. You also get 10-14% cash back on Cambria purchase through Costco. Costco is working on introducing a financing program (but currently that does not exist).Now, all this said - are the countertops cheap? Not really. Cambria is THE MOST expensive highest quality quartz to begin with on the market. Plus you're getting Costco to secure your job. Long story short, if you want the absolute best stone product which is Cambria installed and backed by Costco, choose Costco. If you chose a local contractor who isn't authorized by Cambria, or backed by Costco - good luck. They will charge just a bit less, but you risk of getting screwed.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    hace 6 años

"You can ask any fabricator and they all love Cambria..."

They like working with the product, it's Cambria's vertical integration business model that burns fabricators. In areas where it hasn't yet established in-house fabrication, Cambria "partners" with a local fabricator. The second Cambria establishes its fabrication facility, they dissolve the "partnership" with the guys who established them in that area.

Yeah, talk to fabricators. Feel all the Cambria love, please.

• mollybr
    hace 6 años
    We are interested in a quartz vanity countertop. The type of stone is Cambria and the style is Fairbourne. Do you carry this? Is it available and what would be the cost? The countertop is 5’. If it is available what is the procedure in ordering this product.
  • shaotungmommy
    hace 6 años

Which Costco sells Cambria? I don't see them in my local Costco in southern California.

• dalvarezbox
    hace 6 años

What thickness quartz is Cambria offering through Costco today for kitchen counter tops?

• foxgirlm1
    hace 6 años
    Costco in San Diego - Morena Blvd location, has the Cambria quartz.
  • PRO
    Pacific Coast Cabinetry
    hace 6 años

Lots of good info here on this topic.

But, I think it is worth mentioning that Costco cannot hire just any installer for this process. Cambria can be purchased by anyone, but ONLY a Cambria certified installer can pick it up. There is no short cut here and like several others have stated, neither Costco nor Cambria want any mistakes. Seems like a great deal for consumers. Cambria also offers up to 65k in financing when any of their products are used in a project; so a remodel or new build can finance cabinets, flooring, appliances, etc. - as long as Cambria is specified as the counter material.

• okaycoral
    hace 6 años

I just walked by a Cambria table in my local Novato, CA Costco even though I could find nothing on it online. The fabricator is American Dream Homeworks in North Highlands CA. I don't remember seeing any info on $$ back.

• Colette Hazard
    hace 5 años

I live in the western suburbs of Chicago, and the cash-back offer here is a 10% back Costco gift card.

• jldp
    hace 5 años
    okaycorral, you can find the 10% cash credit when you check Costco Cambria online and/or the rep will tell you, also!
  • Susie
    hace 5 años

Read more about Cambria at Costco on Costco.com

• okaycoral
    hace 5 años

I had American Dreamworks come to give me a quote. The Costco discount is only for certain colors and patterns. I was uneasy with my quote. The drawing provided did not match my kitchen counters.

• Galen & Denise Wadzinski
    hace 5 años
    What financial advantage did Costco provide compared to other retailers (price per square foot)? Did Costco offer ALL of Cambria's selections, or just a select few?
  • PRO
    America's Dream HomeWorks
    hace 5 años
    Última modificación: hace 5 años

The Cambria/Costco rebate programs may vary by region.

We are located in Northern CA. Costco members are eligible to receive a 10% cash back card on ALL Cambria Quartz designs (140+ colors - matte or polished).

Other discounts/rebates include:

• 2% Discount for Executive Costco Members
    • 2% CitiVisa discount

We offer:

• Removal and disposal of countertops and backsplash
    • New custom countertops and backsplash
    • Custom cooktop & cutouts
    • New sink and faucets
    • Special edges
    • New plumbing from the wall out
    • New garbage disposal
    • Cabinet leveling
    • Appliance pullout and reset
    • Electrical

Link: Request an In-Home Quote through Costco

If you are around Sacramento, we invite you to our 20,000 sq. ft. showroom with the largest display of Cambria Quartz full-sized slabs in Northern CA. We are located at: 7115 Watt Ave #100, North Highlands CA 95660

https://www.dreamhomeworks.co/products/countertops/quartz/cambria

• PRO
    Cambria
    hace 5 años

While full slabs of Cambria, and samples of Cambria (3x3's, 6x12's, 12x12's, etc.), are not obtained through big box stores, In-Home Consultations for your full kitchen remodel project can be arranged in Costco stores at the Cambria Kiosk and through Home Depot Interiors (HDI). Outside of these locations, we recommend finding your nearest dealer using our dealer locator tool: http://www.cambriausa.com/en/dealer-locator/.

• Dan Block
    hace 5 años

Our opinion, DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT. Product looks beautiful, cost slightly higher that options of other stone. Installed Sept 2017. Within 2 months island cracked "due to excessive heat fluctuation." We used a standard griddle (pancakes) as we've done for decades on previous stone counter tops. Griddle approximately 2" clearance from counter. Allegedly, heat from griddle caused approx 10" crack to side and top of island. Service technician from Cambria attempted to remedy damage. Drilled hole to eliminate further cracking. Also filled crack with "glue", polished and attempted color match. Crack is very visible. Also had 2 scratches on kitchen counters (1 from dropped cup, other from use of knife). Technician filled both in as well.

End result, product, although beautiful to eye, does not hold up well in comparison to other stone products. Would not recommend product. Will consider replacing island. Cambria position "Not under warranty against heat damage." BE WARNED! Contact us directly if you have further questions. Block's Prospect KY.

• Simona Stafano
    hace 5 años

I had quotes from Costco and other installer authorized to install Cambria. Same cost. Not sure what exactly is cooked deal with Costco, did not see any benefit going thru Costco. Very other product bought thru Costco has 30%, sometimes 70% les cost, not on services so far.

• Kate Miner
    hace 5 años

I LOVE Costco and have never been dealt badly by them. But unfortunately, their Cambria page specifically EXCLUDES Florida and a few other states. I am sad, because I am ready to do the deed. Any idea why Florida is excluded?

• PRO
    Cambria
    hace 5 años

Kate Miner, we would like to look into why it is unavailable at your location. Could you please send us the Costco store that you were looking at?

• sscovanner
    hace 5 años
    Última modificación: hace 5 años

I live in the Cincinnati, Ohio area and have a local Costco nearby they are telling me I’m outside the area. Please help Kate Miner!

• William Palmer
    hace 4 años

I just saw an email from Costco, called to schedule an estimate, and was told that I'm not in their service area. 85086. Going with another company.

• PRO
    Cambria
    hace 4 años

Hello, we recommend visiting our Cambria DC located at: 1250 N Fairway Dr Bldg C Suite 102-104, Avondale, AZ.

• Paul Martinez
    hace 4 años
    Última modificación: hace 4 años

I initiated my Cambria quartz countertop purchase through Costco, which led me to Floform. My experience has been abysmal.

The installers came yesterday with 4 pcs for my small kitchen, and not at all as promised, so I had them leave without installing it! Jeanine (the Portland OR area Costco rep) , had said there might be one corner seam, and it would be their special "European..." slope cut, which she had a sample of - and was near seamless tongue and groove like. The template guy came out a week before and said it should get done without any seam, but might have one corner seam at the most. Instead a get 4 pieces from Floform, with straight lines on both sides of the range (covered with blue tape in the picture), with a straight edge 90deg cut from front to back. Not a diagonal from the corner, and not the self supporting seamless cut that was displayed by Jeanine. If that isn't enough, that small piece on the right is the wrong dimensions on both the length and width. The surfaces of the adjoining pieces are also at different levels. I can see them gluing these together, and besides looking unprofessional, coming apart with some stress applied to the small piece.

Alicia, the representative from Floform (Portland OR area supplier for Costco), is completely unwilling to help. Jeanine (Costco's rep) only solution is to just let them install it! She has completely backtracked on her previous statements concerning the corner seam using the special cut, and is offering no help. According to Floform and Jeanine, I got the square feet of quartz that I paid for. Following along that line, I guess it wouldn't make any difference if the gave it to me in 8 pieces!

I will be contacting Costco corporate to see if they can help resolve this. It is marketed to be top notch quality product, both parts and installation. I spent over $8000 for the counter tops, sink, and backsplash - with the promise professional results and Costco standing behind the work. I haven't seen any of that from Floform, or the Costco representative. BEWARE!!!

Their latest email says I will incur additional charges due to holding up the installation! They had their plumber come out today for the sink/disposal, even though they knew the counter and sink had not been installed. These people are not reputable!

• Karen McVay
    hace 4 años

I had Cambria countertops and full backsplash, purchased from Costco, and then installed in June 2019. I am writing this Jan 2020. They used Marino Tile & Marble in Colorado Springs to install the countertops. I do love the Cambria product. It really is the nicest, best warranty, and made in the USA. I had countertops and full backsplash. The backsplash runs from the counter up to the upper cabinets, The first person that came to install them wasn't installing them correctly and fortunately, I complained in time so they were able to stop him and have him remove the pieces he had already glued in.

Now for the issues I ran into:

One, if there are any electric problems the customer pays to have it fixed. Period. There was a section in my kitchen that they cut the backsplash and they kept pounding on it saying my wall was warped. I said -- the piece is too long. So they cut it a touch and sure enough it fit, but by this time all their pounding on the wall had loosened a wire. They tried to find it but could not. (They had crazy ideas about how to fix it.) I had to pay an electrician to come in and fix it. He was done in about 10 minutes. It was just a wire behind one of the plugs that came loose. Cost me $99.

Two: The backsplash behind the sink was cut too short and so there is about a half inch of caulk between the windowsill and backsplash. (see first picture). It also had a seam by the edge of window that was not put together correctly so there is a very noticeable seam. (see second picture) Everything else is beautifully cut except the place I see it every day, behind the sink -- it is an eyesore. By the time I complained about it, (the next day) "it was too late." so- if you see something wrong say something before they start glueing.

Three: I am having problems with the caulking. It appears to be deteriorating and not just behind the sink - but in other places too. (see third picture) I'm wondering about the quality of the caulk they used.

Although, in full disclosure -- the other installers I went to in Colorado Springs to check on quartz were difficult to work with. Even though I did have my issues, they were still probably the best installers. Just keep your eye on everything and speak up before they are done glueing.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    hace 4 años
    Última modificación: hace 4 años

Karen:

They set the splash directly on the deck; they should have left 1/16"-1/8" gap and filled that gap with silicone caulk. This allows the change of plane to move without failure. It would have made the gap between the splash and casing smaller also.

• Karen McVay
    hace 4 años

Actually, I know what you're talking about and they did do that. Before that was done, the space was much bigger.

• Handful
    hace 4 años

I had a Costco Cambria quote done and was disappointed. I love Costco & was excited to find they were offering Cambria so I could take advantage of their cash back perks etc. Unfortunately, Costco’s quote came back higher even WITH the cash back factored in. How can this be? Well I did some digging and apparently Costco’s Cambria quote system is completely different than the local dealers. For example, there are additional fees they charge when you select upgrades such as extra large sizes or mitered edge etc. Obviously those things are more expensive as it is, but on top of the upgrade itself I was told they will then tack on an additional fee just for selecting the upgrade. This poor pricing structure was negotiated by Costco direct with Cambria; vs the price system all the dealers have. Fortunately, I received other quotes prior to Costco’s so I knew something wasn’t right. I’d still encourage others to have it quoted by Costco, do the math with the cash back perks and compare to other dealers; but if it comes out unfavorable as mine did, at least now you’ll know why & can move on!

• Usuario de Houzz-233509841
    hace 4 años

To Kate Miner at Cambria

I live near Cleveland OH (my Zip is 44011) and was told that I am outside the area. My daughter (Zip 44012) had a Cambria install through Costco 4 years ago and is super satisfied.

Kate - can you help me?

• luscious111
    hace 4 años

My experience is similar to Katie’s above. The Cambria Costco quote was 35% more than quotes from other Cambria dealers.

• Paul Martinez
    hace 4 años

I can't seem to edit my original post, so I will provide my update in this new post. With Costco's help I was able to get a very good job done on the countertops. It wasn't a quick or enjoyable process (I had my doubts at times), but it did result in Costco standing behind what they promised. I recommend getting *everything* in writing from that start, and making sure you get a processional design review before the install.

The original package with FlowForm included the sink/faucet/plumbing and backsplash. If I did it again I would have dealt with separate subcontractors for those items, or with at least paid separately for them with FlowForm. Everything is contracted out by them anyway, and if there is a problem with one item the whole package gets put in limbo . They were difficult to work with to make small changes to simple things like a sink, and I don't think they offered enough options for the various items. Their representative, Jeanine, wasn't very personable or helpful.

• PRO
    Rock-It Surfaces Inc.
    hace 3 años

We are a fabricator and slab yard in San Diego county. We have cut and installed nearly all brands of quartz. Cambria is no better and no worse than the other brands. You will pay a lot more for Cambria but are you getting anything better, in my opinion, a definite no. Their warranty is much the same as any other brand and almost all the warranties are loaded with exclusions that make them all virtually worthless. Don't believe me, just read a warranty for yourself. Google "Cambria Warranty Issues" and scroll past all the Cambria web site info. You could do a google search on "Quartz Warranty Issues" and likely find a ton there too so it is not specific to Cambria. I'm just saying that I'm not sure any of the quartz warranties have as much value as consumers believe.

Cambria spends a lot of money building their brand name. They have done a good job convincing people there is some big quality or added value difference. I've never seen it.

With regards to Costco, it is simple... the more parties involved in a deal the more the pie needs to be split up and the bigger the pie has to be (and/or the margins need to be smaller). With big companies like Cambria and Costco I can tell you with certainty, they are getting the margins they want. It is the fabricator (who is actually doing the work) that is getting squeezed in this deal. The fabricators are generally local small business owners.

When buying countertops your primary focus should be on the company fabricating and installing the countertops. Pretty easy these days to determine who the good ones are. Find out who the fabricator Costco is using and do your research on them (yelp, houzz, google reviews, etc.). Or, just find the good fabricators and work directly with them and cut out the middle man.

• likestonehomes
    hace 3 años

Does anyone know who fabricates for Costco in Ottawa Canada? I also don’t think Costco uses Cambria up here. Does anyone know?

• Wayne Emerson
    hace 3 años

HU-233509841 I'm also in Cleveland - As we know it's a no go on Costco. If you have not purchased it yet check out Lumberjacks Kitchen and Bath in Akron. They quoted over 500.00 less than everyone else - Ask for Julie Kozy. Our install is in a few weeks.

• cameronaw
    hace 3 años

I just wanted to chime in here because I received FOUR different quotes for Cambria Ella. The Costco approved fabricator was far and away the least expensive option - even without the $660 Costco Cash Card that I will receive. The Costco approved fabricator here in San Antonio is a fabricator that had been recommended to me by several designers even before I went through Costco. The fabricator explained that unlike my other bids, they don't charge for an entire slab of Cambria whereas the others do. I needed one full slab and a tiny area of one more. The rest was going to waste at the other 3 fabricators because they were requiring us to purchase two full slabs.

About 8 years ago Costco was was repping another line - either Zodiaq or Silestone - and I used the Costco program to install all countertops in our beach home. We were very happy with the fabricator and used the program once again to replace countertops in our home.

• likestonehomes
    hace 3 años

just found out Costco Canada uses Hanstone, which is ok. I was surprised their prices were not competitive and very similar to other local fabricators. Also, the fabricator offers a 1 yr warranty.

• Virginia Sabella
    hace 2 años

Does Costco no longer work with Cambria countertops?

• Karen McVay
    hace 2 años

I think they still do thebbest countertops made

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.