Window choices

rthaman2771
hace 6 años
Aluminium vs pvc windows

Comentarios (10)

• PRO
    Humber Architecture
    hace 6 años

I would suggest putting sash windows back there are loads of options avalible. UPVC woodgrain effect sash windows come double glazed and can be very cost effective.

• PRO
    OnePlan
    hace 6 años
    If you are down to a choice of Aluminium or upvc is this down to a cost factor ? If you shop around you may find that a wooden or wooden effect sash provider may be interested in doing a deal if they can use your property as a feature in their advertising ? It would make a wonderful before and after feature !
    Best of luck with it all - looks a fab project !
  • Jonathan
    hace 6 años
    I can see that these are not the original sash windows but they are at least in proportion and they don't appear to be damaged or in need of replacement.
    Do you imagine that replacements should look very different? Do you have a vision of how you want it to look?
    Earlier comments are right that sash windows are available in materials that match different budgets so although wood is the most desirable material it may not be an appropriate investment for the value of the house. Personally I think the benefit of aluminium is that you can get very thin frames but that look is likely not appropriate for the house.
  • PRO
    Marvin Windows & Doors UK
    hace 6 años

Have you considered aluminium clad wood sash windows?You get all the benefits of low maintenance from the aluminium cladding and the authentic appearance of wood for in the interior of the house.

You can learn more about aluminium clad wood on our website.

• PRO
    rthaman2771
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    Thanks for all your comments
    The windows have essentially failed and do need replacing.
    We would love to go wood sash but cost is prohibitive so we felt pvc vs aluminium. The whole house needs renovation as well as kitchen dinner extension so it is a big job 21 windows and sliders at back.
    Will have another think
  • PRO
    Croydon Window Company Ltd
    hace 6 años

Hi we do Eco slide sash windows in PVCu in colour and foil options as an alternative to timber, and also aluminium windows. Please do contact us for a quote or further information, and let us know your location if we cover?

• Jonathan
    hace 6 años
    You can just change the double glazed units where they have failed meaning that you don't have to do for full replacement
  • PRO
    Croydon Window Company Ltd
    hace 6 años

Yes you can change the double glazed units as per comment from Jonathan.

• Nathalie Martin
    hace 6 años
    Última modificación: hace 6 años

I agree with Lottie Fenwick, you should definitely keep the
    house’s lovely character! You can get uPVC style sash windows nowadays, and in
    different colours and materials too. Obviously, I don’t know where you live,
    but this company https://www.sheerwaterglass.co.uk/ have some nice windows, but only exclusively to Surrey and surrounding areas.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.