Houzz Logo Print
golfingbetty43

12' ceiling, 71/2"space ceiling to top of window, can I do crown mold?

Betsy
hace 6 años

Comentarios (13)

• Betsy
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Do I have enough space? Was told crown needs to be big size

• hummingalong2
    hace 6 años
    I have 12' ceilings and crown. I would say yes you have enough space. Sorry can't get up there to measure mine.
  • PRO
    The Stair Repair, LLC
    hace 6 años

Hi Betsy,

Based on your photo, it looks like you have enough space to add a 6" crown. You will need to lay the flat edges of the crown against the wall and ceiling to properly gauge the angle and see where it will lay and exactly what space it will take up.

Please feel free to reach out with any questions about choosing the proper trim and measurements.

Best,
    Mike @ The Stair Repair

• Betsy
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

• Betsy
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Thank you for your help! I'm sorry about the lighting on the above picture. Colonial molding, want to keep it simple not too ornate. One piece is 5 inch and the other 6 inch. I like the six, room is big open living concept, kitchen, family TV area. But was suggested to use 5 inch in the foyer as it is smaller. Help & thoughts?

• PRO
    The Stair Repair, LLC
    hace 6 años
    Judging by this new picture you definitely have enough room.
  • PRO
    The Stair Repair, LLC
    hace 6 años
    The suggestion was probably because the 6 inch crown is harder to cut even on a 12 saw. If you want 6 inch i would go for it. They will have to learn to cut it on the flat instead of the traditional way.
  • Judy Mishkin
    hace 6 años

i'd not do a crown in your modern space which doesnt have cased windows. looks All Wrong.

• acm
    hace 6 años

crown molding under a soffit?

crown molding in a modern house?

are you sure about this?!?

• Betsy
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Ok, rethinking the crown molding because of soffit around entire room. New ideas. Space between soffit is approximately 28 feet x 19 feet, large area. I have seen this same space with wooden beams running the length of the room. I have large ceramic tile on floor (24x16) running the length of the room. If I do beams to match my stained nutmeg cupboards which directions should the beams run, the length or width.

• PRO
    The Stair Repair, LLC
    hace 6 años
    Can you post a wider view of the room please Betsy?
  • lynartist
    hace 6 años
    I don't have a problem with putting a crown under that very deep soffit per say. Perhaps you might consider doing a simpler style though considering this is a more modern home.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.