Houzz Logo Print
debra_hobbs

Pavers stop short of the entry to home - what to do for the entry?

Debra Hobbs
hace 6 años

Having a real hard time figuring out what would work best - appreciate any input!

My pavers stop about 6 feet short of the front of my home then there is a concrete slab. Im trying to dress up my entry way by eventually adding more contemporary glass garage doors & possibly changing the siding surrounding the garage doors and front door with either a metal material or smooth concret panels. What should I do to the concret pad in the front that abutts the pavers???

Im considering embracing the concret with a stain, light natural 18x 18 travertine or 18x18 concret looking tile..

PLEASE HELP : )

Thanks,

Debra

Comentarios (4)

• phuninthesun
    hace 6 años

A stain would be the best idea. Choose a color from the pavers. I definitely would not tile it. Beautiful house!

Debra Hobbs agradeció a phuninthesun
  • PRO
    Revolutionary Gardens
    hace 6 años

If you overlay the existing concrete slab, you're going to have a trip step going from the pavers to the garage apron. Your best options are a stain, or jackhammer out the concrete and then you can do whatever you want.

Debra Hobbs agradeció a Revolutionary Gardens
  • lazy_gardens
    hace 6 años

Don't tile.It will leave you with a lip.

I would faux paint to match the pavers, using a good concrete paint or stain. They are easy to do well enough to break up the slab look. A grid of thin grey lines to make the joints and sponge on splotches to match the overall appearance of the pavers.

Debra Hobbs agradeció a lazy_gardens
  • PRO
    Go Pavers
    hace 6 años

Well, you have to ask yourself, "How much do you love that concrete?"

As suggested, the low cost option would be to stain it.

A higher cost choice, but more "lovely" in the long run, would be to get rid of the concrete and extend your existing, or complimentary pavers.

A driveway just looks better when it extends all the way to a garage door.

Altadena Driveway & Walkway · Más información

Just sayin.'

Debra Hobbs agradeció a Go Pavers
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.