Houzz Logo Print
anouskatamonydesigns

BEFORE & AFTER- Colourful South London Home

Whimsical and colourful, the brief for this Victorian house in South London was to create a playful family home for a writer and her children that expressed their mutual love for nature and its creatures.

We undertook a full scale refurbishment of the property, including the complete overhaul of the sitting room and study...

BEFORE

AFTER

Colourful Bohemian Family Home in South London · Más información

BEFORE

AFTER

Colourful Bohemian Family Home in South London · Más información

Comentarios (29)

• PRO
    Cerberus Doors
    hace 6 años

The hot pink curtains are lovely!

Anouska Tamony Designs- Architecture & Interiors agradeció a Cerberus Doors
  • PRO
    Wallsauce
    hace 6 años

Amazing! :)

Anouska Tamony Designs- Architecture & Interiors agradeció a Wallsauce
  • Sonia
    hace 6 años
    Wow very individual and stylish! Well done.
    Anouska Tamony Designs- Architecture & Interiors agradeció a Sonia
  • Carolina
    hace 6 años
    Love it!
    Anouska Tamony Designs- Architecture & Interiors agradeció a Carolina
  • Daisy England
    hace 6 años
    All that red and red window frames too ... urgh.
  • wendy Anderson
    hace 6 años
    You nailed your brief! So good to see something different
    Anouska Tamony Designs- Architecture & Interiors agradeció a wendy Anderson
  • PRO
    Anouska Tamony Designs- Architecture & Interiors
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Thank you, Wendy! The client was a lot of fun to work with and let me know early on that she wanted her boundaries to be gently pushed to create a unique home that she wouldn't have thought of, or had the courage to follow through with without a bit of hand-holding and encouragement.

• wendy Anderson
    hace 6 años
    And this is where an intuitive designer can work wonders. You helped her realise her vision - even though she couldn't quite see it yet! Makes me smile to think how happy she will be in her home now
    Anouska Tamony Designs- Architecture & Interiors agradeció a wendy Anderson
  • PRO
    Linear London | Kitchens, Bathrooms & Tiles
    hace 6 años

Wow, that's really great! Love the dark wood and hot pink together contrasting the light walls!

Anouska Tamony Designs- Architecture & Interiors agradeció a Linear London | Kitchens, Bathrooms & Tiles
  • PRO
    Pat Renson Interiors
    hace 6 años

Great use of colour in the lounge - we love it, well done!

patrenson.com

Anouska Tamony Designs- Architecture & Interiors agradeció a Pat Renson Interiors
  • GJ Dee
    hace 6 años
    Love the colour of the floorboards.
    Anouska Tamony Designs- Architecture & Interiors agradeció a GJ Dee
  • dianeecousins
    hace 6 años
    Sorry but I think this is just awful, far too loud & looks rather cheap.
  • glendevon
    hace 6 años

I was looking at the 'before' pic. of the sitting room and thinking 'oh that's nice', then I saw the 'after'.... I'm glad the client likes the red; after all, that's what matters, but I don't find it restful and I think I would get tired of it quite quickly.

• minnie101
    hace 6 años

I think it looks striking and the deep red and lacquer cabinet give a nod to its past

Anouska Tamony Designs- Architecture & Interiors agradeció a minnie101
  • ash4711
    hace 6 años

I'm not keen on the red either, I like something more restful. However if the "before" photos had all the bits and pieces tidied up, the rooms wouldn't have looked too bad.

• amanda_bright1
    hace 6 años

Never seen a bay treated like this before - stunning! Makes me wish I still had my old home with bay window. Would never have been so brave with red, but definitely would have copied the idea.

Anouska Tamony Designs- Architecture & Interiors agradeció a amanda_bright1
  • Resh
    hace 6 años

Very cool - love the bay window! So nice to see something different and fun.

Anouska Tamony Designs- Architecture & Interiors agradeció a Resh
  • Fionna Parker
    hace 6 años
    I think the treatment of the bay window is great and the curtains more or less disappear...great statement. if it was my house is would have gone for an indigo blue...but that's just my personal choice. it looks fab.
    Anouska Tamony Designs- Architecture & Interiors agradeció a Fionna Parker
  • snagglepuss47
    hace 6 años

May I ask where you sourced the beautiful star lantern ... thank you.

• PRO
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Hi Snagglepuss. Of course. I sourced it from Pooky. I've used a similar one from Hector Finch is another project. Both are lovely and have a slightly different look.

Contemporary Chiswick Bathroom with a Hamam Inspired Twist · Más información

• snagglepuss47
    hace 6 años

Fantastic - thank you so much. I have seen them on their site but great to see in situ to give you an idea of size. The house looks amazing by the way - it's great to see something a bit more quirky and unique. Feeling inspired.

Anouska Tamony Designs- Architecture & Interiors agradeció a snagglepuss47
  • headers13
    hace 6 años

I think it looks really good - very striking.

Anouska Tamony Designs- Architecture & Interiors agradeció a headers13
  • PRO
    amordesigns
    hace 6 años
    Wow it all looks amazing love everything you have done.
    The wooden slab table in first picture i love. Can i ask where this is from? I am wanting something similar for work area as i work from home, and this looks perfect for my back side wall
    Anouska Tamony Designs- Architecture & Interiors agradeció a amordesigns
  • jasondt
    hace 6 años

Looks to me like a combo of reclaimed scaffold boards and poles. I've used boards to make a desk for my office, just a quick sand to clean off the worst of the dirt, then a coat of antique wax, cost next to nothing from reclamation yards.

• PRO
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Hi Amor, Of course. As Jason suggested, we asked a joiner made them using reclaimed wood according to our specification for an industrial feel.

• PRO
    amordesigns
    hace 6 años

Jasondt I did think that , and looks very effective.

• chloeloves
    hace 6 años

I think its bold and brave, love the bright woodwork on the windows and skirting, the rest of the house is great too, the kitchen unit colour especially. It's good to see some colour on Houzz for a change! I was a bit surprised to see the original floorboards covered up in the sitting/dining room, I hope the new flooring was real wood!

Anouska Tamony Designs- Architecture & Interiors agradeció a chloeloves
  • Pamela Corrigan
    hace 5 años

The cabinet in photo 2 is gorgeous and would look great upcycled with off-white chalk paint!

Anouska Tamony Designs- Architecture & Interiors agradeció a Pamela Corrigan
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.