Houzz Logo Print
lissoos

Help needed with rug and coffee table-PLEASE

Sparkle interiors
hace 10 años
Im not sure what rug to put in my living room- all the ones I love are too expensive, so please help me with an affordable rug idea, also how large should your rug be-should it go under all the furniture?
what coffee table I should go for?
Thanks so much.

Comentarios (601)

• dam454
    hace 10 años
    rugs 61 and 62 offered by Susanne would also be very nice. 61 seems to pick up your wall color.
  • dam454
    hace 10 años
    I find this interesting...a suggestion.
  • dam454
    hace 10 años
    2 square glass ones would work too.
  • Sparkle interiors
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    suzanne-need u please-still looking for a rug-can u do your magic PLEASE
  • Sparkle interiors
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    sorry one more
  • suzanne_m
    hace 10 años
    I will do it with pleasure Sparkle. I am leaving now but will do it tonight.
  • dam454
    hace 10 años
    I usually take pictures and come home and blow them up on my computer. Then I know right away if it fits or not. An easy way to decorate. Saves a lot of time from carting things in and out from the store. Hope this helps you. You seem to be leaning towards a muted purple, in that case, personally, I like the first one more. GL
  • Geneviève
    hace 10 años
    Última modificación: hace 10 años
    You sure had a lot of replies to your quest:)
    Rugs can be expensive yes ,therefore you must make a wise decision in this investment a good quality rug will last you many years . If you like to change things often then I wouldn't spend much on one , this is my opinion on it :)
    I found one that would also compliment the painting of the peacock , I don't know how much it cost though :) I will leave that up to you

Lighthouse- (LTH-7000) · Más información

Eames Elliptical Cocktail Tables | Room & Board · Más información
  • suzanne_m
    hace 10 años
    RUGS 71, 72 and 73:
  • bevballew
    hace 10 años
    71 could work. I don't get the purple unless there is some in the peacock. Can Suzanne put that coffee table on top of 71?
  • dsimber
    hace 10 años
    I thought I read some time ago, but can't find it now, that you were leaning towards a tone-on-tone, soft yellow or gold. That seemed perfect to me. It is just my opinion, of course, but the purple above does not "feel" good to me.
    Sparkle interiors agradeció a dsimber
  • erasistible
    hace 10 años
    I liked # 60 if it is the one with blue and greens in it.
  • nouala
    hace 10 años
    Pick the color Blue/Cream. I have that in my livingroom, I love it
  • parisgirl1970
    hace 10 años
    I can't believe the length of this thread! (We could have raised a family! ). So many, stunningly beautiful rugs! And I totally love your sofa and chairs also. My advice---Go with what calms you --or hugs you when you walk into that room. No one knows that feeling --but you. Stay natural with the material of your chosen rug and you will never be sorry. Wool,silks etc lasts a long time and many become more beautiful with age..Good luck. (please post final pic)
    Sparkle interiors agradeció a parisgirl1970
  • Natasha Assa
    hace 10 años
    Sparkle should go with something fun, playful and happy. This excludes a lot of pale, small print, traditional carpets. But not all. For instance the last one sent by Persian Carpets had a brilliant blue and gold combination which makes me feel joy. Also the suggestion from Costco has a wonderful "peacock like" pattern and nice cream and blue color. Very lively and contemporary. Just don't go with boring, Sparkle! Inject some energy into the room and use the carpet choice to do just that. Don't worry about "overwhelming" the peacock. The only thing that would overwhelm it is something boring. Giving a hint of peacock pattern is going to enhance the peacock. But that should be a hint, an abstraction, not literal interpretation, as was the case with one carpet sent by Premier Carpet. I think the Ikat carpet did a good job with that and the last Costco carpet did too (you will need to browse through several options there).
  • glitzy
    hace 10 años
    I really love your sofa. It will never go out of style...such a classic. Your rug should be at least one inch under your sofa and at least as wide as your sofa, or it looks skimpy. You definitely need a large rug. Even though you have a lovely view, you still need to put your chairs opposite your sofa to create your conversational group. If you had guests, you would have to keep looking to the left to talk to them. If you have to move your chairs each time you entertain, there's a clue that your chairs need to be opposite your sofa. I would put a lovely table and lamp in between them as well. I can't advise you on your rug because its such a personal choice (besides, I would choose a thick plush turquoise shag to add texture. Aren't you glad I'm not advising you on rug choices)?
    Sparkle interiors agradeció a glitzy
  • bevballew
    hace 10 años
    She has explained why she can't move the chairs across from the sofa. What I have found fascinating following the entire blog is that people suggest not dull and boring but then suggest rugs in that don't even go with the chairs if the peacock picture is not the focus. Interesting too is most designers say to pick colors from the artwork but then there are suggestions by posters of rugs that don't even go with the artwork.
  • vacox
    hace 10 años
    nouala, what a pretty room! Love it!
    Sparkle interiors agradeció a vacox
  • Cat Rowe
    hace 10 años
    Última modificación: hace 10 años
    I think Rug 62 is beautiful and goes with your gorgeous couch, chairs and peacock! You have a very nice style! Have fun!
  • PRO
    Studio M Interior Design
    hace 10 años
    I agree with @thecorls, go with black and white stripes! I was thinking zebra hide but the more geometric rugs would look great.
  • PRO
    Make and wander wood design exhibition
    hace 10 años
    Hi, I share my new creation!
  • PRO
    Make and wander wood design exhibition
    hace 10 años
    Hi, I share my new creation!
  • Sparkle interiors
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Finally got a rug and table-is rug to blue?? Loved it but then moved rug under my dining room table and love it there too-please let me know what u guys think? Where should rug go? P.S when dining room chair is pushed in it is under rug.
  • jennaloo2
    hace 10 años
    Looks great in living room. Nice table is it antique?
    Sparkle interiors agradeció a jennaloo2
  • suzanne_m
    hace 10 años
    Very nice Sparkle! It looks good in both rooms but I prefer in the dining room.
  • parisgirl1970
    hace 10 años
    The rug you chose here is SO beautiful-- I could scream! I'm calm don't worry. WHERE did you get it? I would definitely put it in front of the sofa, but, I think you need a glass coffee table w/ an unusual or assemetrical light base, b/c it's a glamorous wow room and this one here is kind of clumpy and hides too much of the rug, A huge wow for your dining room set!
  • manamhamid
    hace 10 años
    This is a beautiful wall color. Could you please tell me the name?
  • Debp
    hace 10 años
    Love it in the living room.
  • bumblebee728
    hace 10 años
    Sparkle, the rug is gorgeous! You said you wanted an over- dyed rug and you got it. It looks like the one Oriental Weavers posted on May 17th. Also love your dining room table!
    I'm so glad you posted your decision for us, we don't always get to see how things turn out.
  • suzanne_m
    hace 10 años
    Bumblebee, I am curious ... how can you find out the exact date a comment is posted? All I see is something general like: posted 3 months ago.
  • bumblebee728
    hace 10 años
    Hi Suzanne, I'm viewing on an IPhone and the dates are listed under the comments. The last date I see posted on this thread though, is July 18th, and the recent ones just say today or yesterday. I have noticed recently on other threads, specific dates aren't posted anymore. Even the times of day used to be posted.
  • suzanne_m
    hace 10 años
    Thank you bumblebee.
  • despinach
    hace 10 años
    Would there be a possibility to buy a second rug just like this one??? It's beautiful in both rooms!!
  • PRO
    Farha Syed Design, LLC
    hace 10 años
    it looks great in both rooms but I like it more in in the dining room. Perhaps the antique white can be continued into the living room rug with hints of blue in it. Is the sofa in the living room white or gray? Nice. I love that peacock painting very much..
  • PRO
    Farha Syed Design, LLC
    hace 10 años
    You could have the same rug in the dining room too and have the two rooms as despinach is suggesting and have the two rooms connect in that way too. Both rooms are gorgeous and the wall color is fabulous. Could you please tell me which color is it exactly. Thanks.
  • PRO
    Rise Art
    hace 10 años
    Hi Sparkle, lovely peacock artwork in the photo. You could put up some more artworks, see these...
    http://www.riseart.com/art/dancing-at-the-disco-peacock-to-peacock-by-victoria-horkan
    http://www.riseart.com/art/wingpsan-by-victoria-horkan
    http://www.riseart.com/art/fluid-painting-61-by-mark-chadwick
    Or feel free to email me with ideas and I can reply with a shortlist, Rgds, Conrad conrad@riseart.com
  • Susan Albanese
    hace 10 años
    I've bought magnificent area rugs in Homegoods. Never paid more than $150 for 5x8 and $399 for 8x10. I recently bought an 8x10 for my new home for $200 on clearance. If anyone pays more than that, I feel sorry for them. Some people think unless they pay a lot of money they are not getting quality.
  • dam454
    hace 10 años
    Love the rug in dining room but a bit too short. Chair should sit on rug even when pulled out. Great in LR also just need a couple of nice throw pillows to add some interest.
  • Sparkle interiors
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Thanks everyone for your great comments and help.
    The paint color is from Benjamin Moore- will look and find the color for you. The rug I got on overstock.con and its actually pretty huge 9'x 13.5'. I do love the rug just not sure where it should go- may even land up in family room or my bedroom :)
  • bevballew
    hace 10 años
    Did you purchase two rugs? One for the living room and one for the dr? I think it looks great in dr. I think it looks great in living room but a pillow on each blue chair will break up so much blue. You did not want a boring rug and this is not boring. I could never understand some of the colors people chose which never even coordinated with the room.
  • Sparkle interiors
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Just one rug- think I'm going to put it in living room :)
  • bevballew
    hace 10 años
    Great! You have a good knack for decorating even before the rug. I love the rug. Besides a rug more the color of,the walls, this is perfect and beautiful! I love your dr set also! Gorgeous! Please share the finished room should you add more to it.
  • Sparkle interiors
    Autor original
    hace 10 años
    Bevballew- thanks for all your kind words. I'm really having fun decorating- I'm actually a fashion designer but loving doing home styling at the moment.
  • bevballew
    hace 10 años
    Your welcome. You are naturally gifted! Please keep us updated to addition decorating. Gorgeous home!
    Sparkle interiors agradeció a bevballew
  • PRO
    Shakuff
    hace 10 años
    LOVE the furniture and rug selection! you did an amazing job.
    Sparkle interiors agradeció a Shakuff
  • PRO
    Monarch Sofas
    hace 10 años
    hi sparkle ! did you buy your sofa at restoration hardware? xoxo eva
  • niverma
    hace 8 años

been following your post, using it as my inspiration room - need to decorate new home. Which rug & coffee table did you choose? Can you post a few follow up pictures.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.