Houzz Logo Print
cheri127

Need help with range hood design

cheri127
hace 6 años

Our cooktop and hood will sit between two windows. Originally we were going to have a range top with a stainless steel hood but have switched to an induction cooktop, Thermador 36" with mirror finish.

The KD suggested we pull the cooktop cabinet and the 9" cabinets flanking it out 3" for visual interest, which I'm ok with however, now the hood will have to be 24" instead of 20". My concern is how this will look sticking out from the wall all by its lonesome. Even if I do a tapered wood or stainless steel chimney the bottom part will still be 24" and I'm worried it'll look a bit jarring since there is nothing else on that wall help it blend.

Should I give up pulling out the cabinets or will it look ok to have it jutting out 24"?

Here are some examples:

I'm looking at these two possibilities from Modern Aire. Haven't decided whether to do stainless or white. Any thoughts on that? TIA

Comentarios (3)

• PRO
    Norm Tessier Cabinets, Inc.
    hace 6 años

I'd first make sure that the tolerances for the walkway are kept when thinking about the 3" bump out.

The overall design seems to be following a theme of straight visual lines and contemporary or transitional finishes. I'd probably avoid the bump out to avoid a break in the long counter-top or a switch to a more traditional type of detail. Create more visual interest in the back-splash!

• beachem
    hace 6 años

That break in the countertop can be a killer when it comes to costs. I designed for 30" depth under the hood and 27" elsewhere with an indent in the countertop.

It cost me as everything had to be custom and still not sure how much extra the countertop will cost me. Still working on it.

• cheri127
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

The walkways were adjusted accordingly in the KD'ss plan.

Good thought about the countertop costs! I know it's already an upcharge to finish the two cabinet sides. Think I'll push it back.

Thanks!

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.