Houzz Logo Print
joshmvf

Coordinating Granite tops with Brass hardware

Josh V
hace 6 años
última modificación:hace 6 años

I'm driving myself crazy looking for countertops so I've come here in desperate need of help. We're in the middle of building our house and need to pick countertops in the very near future.

I'm going to attach a few images of what our kitchen is going to look like, along with the granite slabs we have on hold. I love the kitchen, and I love the granite, but I'm really not sure they go together.

I think marble would look the best, but it isn't practical for us and our kids. The stone warehouse we're working with doesn't seem to have any granite that does a good job of mimicking the look of marble, but we could definitely find a simpler white granite. Quartz would be the safe option and that's what they used in the kitchen picture I'm attaching, but I'd like something with more character if possible.

We also have the option of using something different for the island and the perimeter.Any ideas? Would this granite be a horrible choice to go with brass hardware, fixtures, and light hickory floors?

Comentarios (8)

• PRO
    Paint the Town Red - Color Consulting
    hace 6 años

Josh, I can understand the overwhelm and smart to move away from marble. I think that this slab will just be too dark in your kitchen and your counter tops will look muddy and the overall kitchen will be a bit somber. Why are you limited to that one warehouse? When I am shopping for clients I like to look at 3 or more warehouses. Regardless, if you can find a slab that is not so dense with color I think that you would be happier. The gray is lovely but too bleak. The design of the kitchen is fabulous! Take your time with the counter tops they are the natural ART of the kitchen.

• PRO
    Showhomes Long Beach
    hace 6 años

PS I see no issue with the floors at all. Here are some granite samples that might blend the black, greys and gold tones.

Alaskan White

Slendour Gold

Using something like this (both are granite) could tie it all together and not be so "one" color. Not sure where you live, but these can be found in Anaheim, CA and probably elsewhere.

• PRO
    Showhomes Long Beach
    hace 6 años

It appears the pictures of the slabs did not post. I will re-try. I have a couple more.

Alaskan White

mascalzone_latino

neptuno_bordeaux

Splendour Gold

I too think it is a fabulous kitchen.

• acm
    hace 6 años

I don't understand why you think quartz means no character -- you can get some beautiful marble-look varieties now, which are breathtaking, and they vary a ton in balance of white and gray, amount of veining, etc...

Menlo Park Residence · Más información

Modern Kitchen · Más información

East Malvern · Más información

Stunning Coastal Kitchen · Más información

Forrestville · Más información

Stamford · Más información

McMahon's Point House · Más información

• PRO
    Showhomes Long Beach
    hace 6 años

I believe you mentioned children. Quartz is great, but not as durable as granite. Quartz is beautiful, but again will not stand up as well. I was trying to bring something into the color that would tie in the gold. Quartz and even most marble is very plain. You are getting white and grey. I will look for some examples that might tie it all together.

• PRO
    User
    hace 6 años
    Hi there,
    I'm in agreement with the other Pro who mentioned neptuno_bordeaux or the aspen white. Those two would look fab with the hardware you have chosen.
  • acm
    hace 6 años
    Última modificación: hace 6 años

@ Showhomes Long Beach -- your assessment of granite versus quartz is the opposite of every other piece of advice I've read. On what do you base this?

Also, for those who think it's too plain, have a gander at something like this:

https://www.cambriausa.com/Designs/design-palette/

I like the newer ones that have a soapstone look, gray with white veining. But there are colors and swirls to make you as dizzy as you want.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.