Houzz Logo Print
contemporganic

Cutting glass mosaic tile edges?

contemporganic
hace 6 años
Using Artistic Tile's Little Satch glass mosaic sheets in bathroom. Wanting to run the sticks horizontally (like you have), but in a vertical stripe, similar to shown below "design inspiration". Each sheet is interlocking which means the edges of 2 of every 3 lines has to be cut in some way to make a straight edge for it to be placed horizontally (see "mosaic sheet" link below). PLEASE HELP me help my installer do this well...how should these delicate tiny pieces of glass be cut? They need to be clipped off in some gentle way...what tools and/ or method and/or process should be used? Using 14 of these sheets for two 7 foot stripes. Thank you!!
design inspiration
mosaic sheet
Modern White Kitchen · Más información

Comentario (1)

• PRO
    Jennifer Gustafson Interior Design
    hace 6 años

Hi again,

I apologize for the delayed response. I don't always see these questions right away. I'm sure you've already resolved the issue, but if not I strongly advise people who are managing their own remodels / installations to work with qualified tradespeople. Just as is true in any profession, there are varying levels of craftsmanship that should be paired with the task at hand. In this case, if your tile setter is not familiar with the product, it would be best to find a tile setter who is comfortable with this type of installation. The manufacturer usually has installation specs on their website. Showrooms and tile retailers typically can make referrals to qualified tile setters. Ultimately, the person who procures and installs the product is responsible for the product's quality and performance.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.